Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
This is usually to prevent spam from people. A Lot of boards require you to have 20 to 30 posts of substance before you're allowed a signature. It acts as a deterrent to people just spamming the forums with 5 or 6 posts and their signature on all the posts.

You'll find a lot of boards don't allow people to post links as well for a similar time period.

Forbairt

Briask

Define useful :)

lol, who can define it! My personal definition is if it is relevant to the forum...

to be honest if the link belongs to a regular poster, no issue... but hate the drive by posters who drop in their 10 posts so they can get the links in and are never heard of again

On Mr. Forbairt... we're all still waiting for "coming soon ... ( vague but descriptive isn't it ) " to be removed :p

Forbairt

On Mr. Forbairt... we're all still waiting for "coming soon ... ( vague but descriptive isn't it ) " to be removed :p

Its all relative to how you class soon ...

(mental note update website with another strikethrough on august / september) :D

greenwitch

Signature contradiction...

I don't really get it... somewhere it says that it's ok to link to your own site in the signature, yet in the forum rules it's called spamming... This is bewildering...:confused:

Forbairt

I don't really get it... somewhere it says that it's ok to link to your own site in the signature, yet in the forum rules it's called spamming... This is bewildering...:confused:

From the forum rules:

Self-promotion is okay, but spamming isn't. If you can't see the difference between the two, then maybe this isn't the site for you.

greenwitch

Ouch!!

I'd hardly call that a welcoming hug. Anyways, thanks for the distinction. I'll never step on your foot again. Pwomise.

susanspy

hello all, susan here i have edited my profile so itis more interesting and people do visited but i was wondering why do people post signature to show to all is there any additional benfit of the same.

cheer!!!!!!!!!

susan

Status
Not open for further replies.