Site idea which requires user registration and 3rd party search of user content

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks

Guys I'm playing about with an idea for a site. I would rather get something 'off the shelf' a opposed to custom coded but I will explore all options.

Basically what the site will do is this;

1) User registers on site with details such as;

* Name
* eMail
* Phone Number
* County
* Make of Product
* Model of Product
* Serial Number of Product
* Photo of Product
* Description Box

2) Payment for uploading content via yearly paypal subscription (content will be removed from site after a year if not renewed)

(option to enter coupon code for free submission)

3) Users will have a control panel which will enable them to update info such as contact details, sale of item and date or if item has been reported lost or stolen and date.

4) When a 3rd party visits the site there is a search box where they can input the serial number of product to see if there is a match in the database.

5) If there is a match the following info is displayed

* Make of Product
* Model of Product
* Photo of Product
* Contact form to contact user who uploaded the info

Simple ehh :cool: Any advice?

Cheers,
John

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member

ziycon

Nothing really out there out of the box as Michele already said, even with a script to get to started there is quite a lot of work involved in the back ground to keep it secure and quick.

bucks

Thanks for the replies guys.

Any recommendations on client & server side code so that I can try and source a developer?

paul

Ninja
bucks the main one would be PHP / MySQL , and probably easiest to setup & maintain (i.e. find someone else) also there is a glut of PHP programmers so prices are competitive. There is also Ruby on Rails but you will probably have to pay a programmer more for that compared with PHP.

For finding programmers Freelancer.com is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.