Status
Not open for further replies.

Tearaway

I'm new here - I've had a look through many of the posts and to try find an answer to my question but I can't seem to find it.

I set up a site about 4 months ago and designed it myself (you can probably tell!)- it was ranking really well with Google for some key words and now it's dropped like a stone and is mostly languishing around the second or third page.

I think I've got all the titles, h1, and meta correct - I'm slowing building backlinks though not very many are showing

Any pointers would really help...

Motorcycle Rider Training and IBT Course, Motorbike Pretest Lesson

andywozhere

Only had a quick look, but I noticed that every page seems to have the same title (Motorcycle Rider Training and IBT Course, Motorbike Pretest Lesson). You should have different titles for each page... otherwise it is just duplication. Use your titles to describe the content of individual pages.

Maybe use this plugin by Yoast.

paul

Ninja
indexing the tag pages like [noparse]http://www.irishmotorcycletraining.com/tag/motorbike-ibt-course/[/noparse] probably don't help

Tearaway

Only had a quick look, but I noticed that every page seems to have the same title (Motorcycle Rider Training and IBT Course, Motorbike Pretest Lesson). You should have different titles for each page... otherwise it is just duplication. Use your titles to describe the content of individual pages.

Maybe use this plugin by Yoast.

Thanks - I'm using Yoast already but the header file is overriding Yoast - Thanks for pointing it out - all sorted!

Tearaway

indexing the tag pages like [noparse]http://www.irishmotorcycletraining.com/tag/motorbike-ibt-course/[/noparse] probably don't help

I don't understand why it's indexing pages like that - would you happen to know by chance - appreciate the pointer

K

Kieran

I don't understand why it's indexing pages like that - would you happen to know by chance - appreciate the pointer

This may be the only pages that are currently being indexed.Do as the guys suggest and sort out your title tags for a start - this is basic housekeeping and not SEO anyway but solid advice.

Plus you need to understand what keywords you actually want to rank for and create content and titles related to keywords that actually have volume in search. Are you submitting your sitemap to Google Webmasters (again not an essential thing but good housekeeping) as this will at least tell Google about your site.

Tearaway

HI Kieran,

The header appeared to be over-riding Yoast - which appears to be sorted. I did send in a sitemap to Google so I'm a little at a loss as to how it's indexing that way - I upgraded a theme recently and now all the tags show at the bottom of the pages so I'm not really sure I understand why that is.

I've specific keywords that each page is set up for and I'm building backlinks though I don't seem to see them on backlinks watch and still it's only making the second or third page for those words.

FBDragon

You might consider analyzing your site with software like WebSite Auditor or anything else of its kind, because it's the fastest and the most reliable way to detect any structural issues affecting site's crawlability (as from my experience).
However, the lack of off-page activities or updating your site not frequently enough could be the reason why your Google rank dropped. Try guest blogging, forum posting or active social media sharing, it may eventually help to recover..

Tearaway

Thanks for the info FB Dragon - it is updated regularly so I'm a bit at a loss... I saw that the diss-allow pings was activated so I've deactivated. I've run it through SEOquake and it appears to be fine...

link8r

You may also have seen yourself high up for testing or because of signed in search...Did your site recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.