Status
Not open for further replies.

Amateur

Thanks for all the information.

I am about to set up SVN and use a Visual Studio plugin to hook up my development environment to my source control.

Question I have, what do ye guys use as a repository, PC, server.... I am thinking of using a VPS for it and also use the VPS for some of my clients websites.

davkell

Springloops - you can also setup servers to deploy to from your account. I reckoned there wasn't much point using my PC in case anything happened to it, and I don't know enough (or need to know!) how to set it up on a server.

A similar hosted svn is Beanstalk. I haven't used it, but I'm sure you'll find reviews of both through Google.

garycocs

So Springloops is server side based? i.e. you check things out of your server, download it, edit it, upload and check it back in??

garycocs

What looks expensive enough, reckon I'd need to be a much larger web developer before I could justify spending that money!

Amateur

Have had a look at the links you provided Dave, thanks. Certainly an option for me.

What other repositories do people use?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Have had a look at the links you provided Dave, thanks. Certainly an option for me.

What other repositories do people use?

VM running SVN on it ...

basic stripped ubuntu server install with a good chunk of space for the files

garycocs

Right lads installed subversion and the SCplugin on the mac, trying to check things out but have no idea about repositories etc, where do I go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.