Status
Not open for further replies.

links

I have a wordpress website but I am having trouble getting it found on the search engines. I have SEO plugins added however even when I type some of the key phrases or sentences from the website, It shows websites where I have links or directory links but the website itself cant be found.
I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
A lot will depend on which market you're trying to target ie. is it highly competitive or very niche ..

davidbrett

How old is the site? Is it properly indexed by Google? There are a number of reasons why a site may not be showing.

php.allstar

Forgive me for stating the obvious but have you enabled your privacy settings in wordpress admin so that your site is visible to search engines? Settings Privacy Screen « WordPress Codex

One of the things this does is place a noindex, nofollow robots meta tag into your site's <head>...

Provide a link to your site so we can see if there's anything in your source that is causing the problem.

links

Thanks but no, settings are okay. the website is Insulation Cork | Solar Panels | Rainwater Harvesting Ireland

Forgive me for stating the obvious but have you enabled your privacy settings in wordpress admin so that your site is visible to search engines? Settings Privacy Screen « WordPress Codex

One of the things this does is place a noindex, nofollow robots meta tag into your site's <head>...

Provide a link to your site so we can see if there's anything in your source that is causing the problem.

links

reasons

How old is the site? Is it properly indexed by Google? There are a number of reasons why a site may not be showing.

The site is indexed and about 4 months old. What could be the list of reasons and i can check them.

Thanks

davidbrett

4 months is a relatively new site. I would look to get a few more links pointing at the site. Also there is no content on the home page. It would be a good idea to get some content in place.

deadmix

i agree with david, 4 months is not enough and you need more content with specific keywords related to the website field... goodluck

links

Thanks for the reply. Also the domain is .ie but it is hosted in Poland. Should I move hosting to Ireland?

link8r

4 months is a relatively new site. I would look to get a few more links pointing at the site. Also there is no content on the home page. It would be a good idea to get some content in place.

I don't agree. It is completely possible to register, build and rank a website within 12 hours, even above older and more authorative sites and its something we did just this week

link8r

Thanks for the reply. Also the domain is .ie but it is hosted in Poland. Should I move hosting to Ireland?

Should you move it to Ireland because it provides a better experience for your users > Possibly. Should you move to Ireland for SEO? Probably not at the top of the list of the things you need to do.

BK (the user) owns a good few Irish directory sites - have you add your site to those?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
That wouldn't make too much difference as long as the provider in Poland has good connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.