The Best Wordpress Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Hi guys, i'm after getting into bloggin purely for college projects and the like. But i hate the default wordpress template. Could someone recommend me a decent template? I've been on a few template sites which feature numerous templates but some of them are awful. The template i have installed at the moment is from Razvan Teodoresca

I forgot to ask about pluggins. Which ones would i need to give my blog the necessary "ummphh"

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Rollo

What do you want your template to achieve?

(I'd recommend a separate thread to discuss plugins :) )

Cormac

blacknight said:
Rollo
What do you want your template to achieve?

beauty and not just the common default look!! :)
I suppose each person has their own thoughts on what a good theme looks like and should do. I'm just interested in seeing the recommendations really.

(I'd recommend a separate thread to discuss plugins :) )
trying to get as many threads started as possible are we? ;)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of themes to choose from. Some are "light" while others are graphically intense.

I'd recommend that you subscribe to a few of the the sites offering theme announcements, so you can be informed as and when new themes are released.

I'm currently having a similar issue with my own blog.. I want a theme that is "just right", but am having problems getting one. ...

Apart from the purely visual aspects of it you should also consider what it supports ie. plugins and advertising etc.,

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Rollo said:
trying to get as many threads started as possible are we? ;)

Not exactly :)

Themes and plugins are very different subjects. A lot of people seem to have a charming habit of answering one part of a post, but completely ignoring the other, so you end up with a really messy reply which doesn't help anyone in the long run

Cormac

blacknight said:
Not exactly :)

Themes and plugins are very different subjects. A lot of people seem to have a charming habit of answering one part of a post, but completely ignoring the other, so you end up with a really messy reply which doesn't help anyone in the long run

thats true actually, i hate when parts 2 or 3 of a question don't get asked.

Cormac

no adsense. It's purely personal, i'm using it as an aid for documenting college projects and the like.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Then you probably want to choose one which is easy to read.

For documentation I'd have used a wiki, as it lends itself better to that kind of thing. A blog tends to organise the content by date and theme, which may not be what you are looking for

Cormac

M, Interesting. I never thought of that, well i've never actually used a Wiki, or even have the foggiest on how it can be used for my needs.......care to enlighten.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.