Status
Not open for further replies.

s3solutions

Hey guys,

As you know Page speed has been announced as one of over 200 ranking factors of Google.

So today, I would like to share with you some tools to improve your pages speed.

1- In Webmaster Tools - Labs > Site Performance
This will let you knowthe speed of your website as experienced by users around the world as in the chart below.
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools

2- Page Speed
This open source Firefox/Firebug add-on that evaluates the performance of web pages and gives suggestions for improvement.
Page Speed Home

3- WebPagetest
This tool will show a waterfall view of your pages' load performance plus an optimization checklist.
Pagetest - where web sites go to get FAST!

4- YSlow
This free tool from Yahoo! that suggests ways to improve website speed.
Yahoo! YSlow for Firebug

Hope this tool help you guys a bit.

s3solutions,

There is no tool which can improve speed of downloading web page if web design of web page is bad. Besides that Mutt Cutts from google said that web page speed is not so important if web page is useful, original and interesting for visitors.

s3solutions

s3solutions,

There is no tool which can improve speed of downloading web page if web design of web page is bad. Besides that Mutt Cutts from google said that web page speed is not so important if web page is useful, original and interesting for visitors.

Agreed with you. There's no tool which can improve page speed. Maybe I should change the title of this thread.
But these tools will show what your site need to be changed, improved or modified to get better loading.

s3solutions

Claudiu

Heya guys,

I know that this is an old thread, but I just thought I'd bring my contribution as I wrote a huge article regarding page speed and how to improve it. The article is to big to put it in here but you can find it @ drastically improve page speed

If the admin(s) think this is just self-promotion or something I'm ok with just deleting my reply :)

seaking

Likes @ Claudiu

Yes there are ways to increase webspeed little bit research will teach you tricks

Cheers
seaking

kflanagan28

Cool lists, been wrestling with Wordpress and W3 Cache lately on a couple of sites, along with Amazon S3 - found my hosting at bluehost causing a lot of issues with site speed.

keefe26

This is brilliant tools. I'm using it now. Thank you so much for sharing! Hope more tools to improve websites!

Sprouter

I think the most important factors are images and scripts. I am amazed at how many sites do not properly optimize their images / headers etc. This will increase speed a lot.

Some of the tools to improve site speed includes:
1.Google page speed insight
2. Pingdom

There are so many other techniques to improve the site speed.
1.The foremost thing is to optimize the images so that it will be loaded easily.
2.Use content delivery networks
3.Check the current speed of website and check the factors that are stopping the website from ranking.
4.Avoid self hosted videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.