Status
Not open for further replies.

googlebomber76

I want to use adword to get exposure for my website but I don't really want any clicks, can this be done? Or will I get a slap on the wrists from googe?

My thinking is use keywords that aren't popular to the competition but have a high serch volume, is that the right way, I don't want to be paying €4 per click as that is what a lot of my competiors keywords are costing?

Any help, much appreciated?

thanks
GB:rolleyes:

paul

Ninja
You can target sites for CPM, on the content network.

Wild Thing

It has got to the stage you nearly need to seo your adword landing pages for google to make them relative to the product or service you are selling. I think you will find that if you stay off the first 10 listings of adwords the clicks will be more focused. Let me give you an example. A company used adwords to sell mobile phones, during the last world cup they ran an adword as usual but ran keywords like football results, fifa, etc. All adds were pulled by google as being non relevant to the product.

gav240z

Branding

I want to use adword to get exposure for my website but I don't really want any clicks, can this be done? Or will I get a slap on the wrists from googe?

My thinking is use keywords that aren't popular to the competition but have a high serch volume, is that the right way, I don't want to be paying €4 per click as that is what a lot of my competiors keywords are costing?

Any help, much appreciated?

thanks
GB:rolleyes:

If you are specifically after branding I'd suggest using Google's content network. However this requires significant skill to set up correctly and monitor.

Can I ask why you want people to see your Ad and not click it? It seems strange that you would want to do this. If you are going to pay for exposure you may as well pay for visitors to your site.

With the content network you can pay for impressions / pay for clicks received or pay per action (say email newsletter signup for example). Although I'm not sure if Pay Per Action is out of beta (experimentation stage). Long term advertisers can use this option though.

I strongly suggest creating a separate campaign for the content network and running regular reports on referring sites (if only using adwords reporting and conversion tracking) - Otherwise I would strongly suggest using Google Analytics with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.