Wacom Tablet - Best Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

As the subject says, where can I get a Wacom tablet for a good price?

Sick of using a mouse for graphic design :).

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Think Cormac picked one up at christmas ... if he sees the post I can't remember if it was pixmania he got his from there should be another thread somewhere either here or on boards as I'd asked before about them there as well.

Spiralli

I picked up ane Aiptek for about €50 on Ebay. I realise it's not as good as a Wacom, but I only need it the odd time, so it does me fine. It has the pressure sensitivity, overlay, etc.

I know Wacom released one that is an lcd touchscreen you draw on recently, and that is big bucks. Does anybody know how much better the regular Wacom tablets actually are, compared with the consumer offerings?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Had a trust tablet a few years back ... and to be honest I wasn't impressed and gave up on it pretty quickly .. the pen was a BEAST :D
They'll have come on no end now.

I was thinking of just walking into petes and grabbing one ... but I think they are slightly dearer than online (they do seem to have some decent offers on the go though from time to time)

effect

wacom are worth it, they are around the 300 mark for an a5 intuos. I messed around with trust ones and other makes, and I found them all to be rubbish

IrishLight

I recently bought a new Wacom Bamboo for €50. It has been great for me as I am a photographer who has always been into drawing and painting. This tablet makes me want to experiment all the time and that is why it has been a good investment.

It comes bundled with a great painting program called Artrage and this is one application that is a great example of good human computer interaction.
It feels like real painting but it is waaaay more fun.

Its only 50 quid mate so just buy one and have fun.
You can always buy a €300 super duper version later but I dont believe that tools make the workman.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.