Web and game development blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiu

Heya guys,

I thought I should ask for your opinion as well. I built my own blog 2yrs ago first time and kept working on it since, in my free time. Recently I scraped all the old stuff, except a couple of articles, and completely rebuilt it (both frontend and backend).

It's basically a blog that contains tutorials mostly, as well as code snippets or whatever other personal projects I might built. I'm aware of a couple of issues (pagination not working in inside pages, search box quite unfriendly, not knowing what page you're on when you click on the page numbers at the bottom etc.) so I'm not saying this is 100% complete. It's just that I only see some tiny bits while you guys might have some more valuable feedback.

I gladly accept any critiques as long as they're backed up and are productive and I gladly accept good feedback as well :)

The website is hazardousgaming, let me know what you think!

link8r

Hi Claudiu,

this is a really nice site - well done. Some of these code samples look quite useful. I was expecting a site about computer gaming but that aside, the content looks good.

Just some ideas, which aren't critical:

1. Dynamic not Dinamic
2. Maybe the images in the header don't reflect the site - they look cool though
3. Maybe a word cloud would be handy?
4. Facebook - why don't you copy in some sample code - there was a user here not too long ago looking for a small "Like" button

Best of luck with the site

Claudiu

Hey link8r,

Thanks for the review! The naming is misleading indeed, I started of programming games in C and C++ (I still have a couple of articles on this and plan to get more back up).

1. Sorry and thanks for that, I kind of felt like I'm not spelling it right. Oh well, language barrier.
2. I want to keep the slider to feature some of the best articles on the blog, any ideea on what images I should use instead or what should I use instead of the slider?
3. Great to know you would find it usefull, I'm still working on it (it's in the footer but not functional and all words have the same size). I'll work on it as soon as I get some free time.
4. Can you please give more details? Are you refering to the text snippet that appears when you share an article?

And yes, the main focus is content, I try to write about more interesting stuff or things that I had a hard time finding when I first needed them. There's no general degree of complexity, I wrote both beginner articles and more complex tutorials. I'm glad that you find them useful.

And thanks again! :)

Cool Blog.

Any chance of writing an article on Music synch's for Games, and linking to our site? We licence music to games, TV, adverts and films. I can get somebody to help you write it if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.