Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Just came across an Irish web design company that has obviously copied design and content from my own website. There are paragraphs that are word for word taken from my site as well as some design elements. See comparison image and website link below (remove the x's). I'm going to email them to change it but any suggestions or advice before I do?

xxx.xxxgoegi.com

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Threaten them with a takedown. I find a verbal warning works wonders :)

You can also lodge a DMCA with Google, Yahoo and MSN

babyboy808

Personally I would email their web host telling them what they have done and include your screenshot. Ask them to inform their customer to take down the copied content or you will be taking further action with the webhost.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions and contacting the webhost never failed yet.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I would email their web host telling them what they have done and include your screenshot. Ask them to inform their customer to take down the copied content or you will be taking further action with the webhost.

It's not the webhost's responsibility. And if they take down a site without a court order they can be in breach of contract with their client

You can't take action against the webhost apart from getting a takedown, as the host acts as a mere conduit

Lottoplus

Well after looking at both websites, there one loads quicker, but yours looks better.

The websites are similar,but your right it is a bit of a rip off but I would'ent be overly worried about loosing business over it. I can't see a cold caller making comparsions between the two.

It just lacks any imagination when you design a website to act as your business card and its all copied from

1) A Current Webdesign Business

2) An Irish Webdesign business

I don't balme you for being mad and would send an email or phone call but don't loose the head because it could be argued that it is different

louie

I have to Agree with Lottoplus here.
It is similar, but in the eyes of law you only have few arguments to stand for.

I had that happen to me also. The only thing I found that worked was harassment. Contact EVERYONE they have any contact with and tell them what they did and if the want to be associated with people like that. Eventually word will get back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.