What are you currently reading (non-work related)?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussion' started by mneylon, Mar 20, 2007.

1. cmcsoft

cmcsoft New Member

I'm currently reading "The Last Gospel" by David Gibbins

2. Byron

Byron New Member

I guess it's kind of not work related, its more of a social commentary, would be interesting to see if anyone else has read it.

Confessions of an Advertising Man by Ogilvy

I love his sense of humour, even back 40 years ago.

3. Redfly

Redfly Moderator

It's a fantastic. Nice and small too. I've read it twice. Nearly every single rule still applies today.

4. Byron

Byron New Member

I totally agree, well maybe replace the idea of Billboards with Popup banners!
    (Best girlfriend in the world gave me that one!)

I am also attempting to read Portrait Of An Artist for a second (non-forced first) time. Joyce is always a challenge.

5. Acejack

Acejack New Member

An interesting book called "The irresistible offer"
    It's really good. I suggest it!

6. AnneM

AnneM New Member

I’m currently reading my accounting book to refresh my knowledge on how to compute accounting problems and to be familiar of accounting terms.

7. sh_Sh

sh_Sh New Member

I'm currently reading The sun also rises by Hemingway. Great book

8. Acejack

Acejack New Member

That book sounds interesting, I will look for it and read it...
    Do you think I should? :D

9. sophielc

sophielc New Member

I'm reading Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes but to my defence I also like to read thrillers (when I'm not reading blogs online).

10. jimbo jones

jimbo jones New Member

book about irish american gansters. very good
    although i have seen most of it on tnag

11. Alana

Alana New Member

Just finished, Long Lost by Harlen Coben and waiting for The Neighbour by Lisa Gardner

I mostly read crime fiction although have been a Tolkien fan from about the age of 5

12. Gene2009

Gene2009 New Member

Been through the Harry Potter collection already.. Now, I have just finished second ebook of Twilight.. I am about to start with the third.. Great story..

13. Byron

Byron New Member

Now reading this, and loving it

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Dublin-Cinemas-Marc-Zimmermann/dp/1845885090]The History of Dublin Cinemas: Amazon.co.uk: Marc Zimmermann: Books[/ame]

14. jmcc

jmcc Active Member

Just finished 'Azincourt' by Bernard Cornwell. Quite a good book.

Still have to read 'Free', 'Why Most Things Fail' and 'Predictable Irrationality'. Though perhaps reading a book on proper web design might be a good thing. :)

Regards...jmcc

15. n3tFl0w

n3tFl0w New Member

I just finished "eight lives down" by Major Chris Hunter. Excellent book about Bomb Disposal in Iraq.

Currently reading "3 commando", "Lone Survivor" and Book 11 of the Wheel of Time series. Have to finish before the next book comes out this year!

16. carmt23

carmt23 New Member

Im currently trying to finish a compilation of essays how social movements evolved in the Philippines. And also this book of poetry my friend lent me. Im busy with work I can hardly lay my hands on a book.

17. carloo

carloo New Member

i m reading seo book the Art Of SEO

18. software

software New Member

erh reading some Marc Jacob novels, I like his sense of humor and how he integrates them into the story.

19. Nugget

Nugget New Member

I'm in the middle of The Lazarus Vendetta by Robert Ludlum, nothing special I have to say

20. hazelstutorials

hazelstutorials New Member

Just received my copy of Host your Website in the Cloud by Jeff Barr today so I'm going to be reading that later! yay!