What are you using for invoices / billing?

Discussion in 'The Business Aspects of Web Work' started by mneylon, Apr 1, 2017.

1. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

There's an old thread on here about invoicing solutions, but a lot of the software and services mentioned have either changed or simply ceased to exist..
    What are people using these days?

I'm still using Freshbooks (Small Business Cloud Accounting Software | FreshBooks) for some stuff, but Wave (Free Small Business Software - Invoicing Accounting Software from Wave plus Credit Card Processing and Payroll ) seems like a good alternative as well

What else is out there?

2. Mark Williams

Mark Williams New Member

Zoho Invoice is a simple, easy to use invoicing software which helps you to track time, create customised invoices and get paid online faster.

3. andywozhere

andywozhere Member

I'm using Xero for my accounts and invoicing. I haven't that much to compare it with, but from my limited experiance I find it great, especially the ability to sync my bank account.

4. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

That's a handy feature :)
    I've been using MoneyWiz for my personal finance for the last few months because of that type of integration - saves me so much time :)

5. unrealindeed

unrealindeed Administrator Staff Member

I possibly wrote this already but in case i didn't...

I needed a solution that offers automatic recurring invoicing . I had originally used free software called Intuit which was taken over by taken over by Quickbooks about 7/8 years ago. The pricing model introduced was higher than I was willing to pay, so after some research I an alternative paid solution called CurdBee. At the time is was the most reasonably priced software for what I needed.

CurdBee has since re branded to Hiveage and has been continuously updated, they even have an app now. At the time they re branded, I got a lifetime price of $149 for all features, but you can pick and choose what you want to keep costs to a minimum. It works well although I don't use all the features.