What do you do to relax?

Discussion in 'Work / Life Balance' started by mneylon, Sep 17, 2006.

1. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

I tend to kick off my shoes and relax with a good DVD and maybe a nice beer or bottle of wine.

2. louie

louie New Member

As you said, kick my shoes off in the middle of the sitting-room and start going trough the movie channel until I find something packed with action or an old good film to watch. I love Futurama, Simsons and all good Disney animated movies. If there is nothing good on the telly I get one of the programing books and read it again.

3. ph3n0m

ph3n0m New Member

PS2, or DVDs, or the latest thing - go to the gym :)

4. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

Gym? What's that?

5. ph3n0m

ph3n0m New Member

Its a place where women are hot and sweaty and my fat ass is hot and sweaty.....so it can be heaven and hell at the same time ;)

6. Gavin

Gavin New Member

Isnt it a blokes name spelt wrong?

7. louie

louie New Member

i prefer to pull my weight arround the keyboard instead going to the gym.

8. ph3n0m

ph3n0m New Member

I already do that superbly so I decided what the hell I need a break from tables vs div/css arguements :)

9. figment

figment New Member

I tend to go for a long walk, stop off in a cafe and read a paper/magazine for an hour or two.

10. Redfly

Redfly Moderator

Skydive and Travel. Better yet, Travel to skydive. In fact, I'm on the border town/lake of Austria, Germany and Switzerland as I type this. :)

Still, nothing better than a good nightclub with mates.
    No rest for the wicked.

11. georgiecasey

georgiecasey New Member

did you just post to make us all jealous :) I'd love to do skydiving sometime, done bungee jumping twice and loved it

12. Redfly

Redfly Moderator

Hahahaha, no, not at all. I have never been Bungee Jumping, but it IS on my list :)

DO NOT DIE without experiencing a skydive. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it really does change your life.

13. gothwalk

gothwalk New Member

World of Warcraft, tabletop gaming, writing (longhand, typing it up later works better for me) and cooking. I don't watch much TV, but the occasional DVD gets seen.

14. ButtermilkJack

ButtermilkJack New Member

Agreed, It just has to be done!!!

But those mad days are behind me and now the only downtime I get is doing my invoices :D

15. Busarus

Busarus New Member

Hmmm apart from going out for dinner and drinks, i tend to work in the evenings on archiseek and other projects as I have a dayjobs

16. frakilk

frakilk New Member

17. grandad

grandad Moderator

The odd bit of reading.
    The odd bit of gardening.
    The odd bit of walking the dog.
    Watching Podge and Rodge :D

18. rsynnott

rsynnott New Member

Gym, read, go out and so forth.

19. grandad

grandad Moderator

Amendment to the above.

Podge and Rodge have lost their touch. Not as good as the last series [though I still fancy Lucy :cool: ]. I've taken up writing instead.

20. georgiecasey

georgiecasey New Member

Yeah, Podge and Rodge aren't as good, the few episodes I've seen this series.