Advert test
In my opinion its "Making your site easier for search engines to index useful content and in the hope that your site will rank higher than that of your competitiors"

Would love to learn more about seo but just haven't got the time outside of development.

This is a definition by Rand Fishkin, chief executive of a Seattle-based search consultancy called SEOmoz

"SEO is the combination of tactics and strategies, including, but not limited to, optimization of information architecture, usability, content focus, audience targeting, design, development, keyword research, keyword placement, link building, social media marketing and any other online or offline branding/marketing elements that support the goal of receiving more traffic from search engines"

WTF?! :mad:

Were you trying to force me into embarassing myself?

If I wanted to know what Rand Fishkin's definition of SEO was I would have googled it.

Easy Tiger!! I am not intending to compare definitions. As a matter of fact I think your definition "Making your site easier for search engines to index useful content" is quite valid and is the essence of SEO.

I think SEO is about understanding Search - users, search engines. Its about developing content (relevance) but its also about growing authority (off-site).

Too much nonsense abound about on site stuff (W3C, Meta-tags/Keywords, doorway pages)

Me Thinks.........

Making your site easier for search engines to index useful content
PLUS

- adding 'keyword content links' meaning 3rd party websites link back to your website.

IMHO I feel sorry for SEO providers as I suspect it could be a mindfield as they would have calls daily from clients saying "I'm paying you €€€'s and why is my site not number 1 in Google for my chosen key words" ;)

I'd be interested to hear some of the best comments you SEO providers have head over time from such clients?

IMHO I feel sorry for SEO providers as I suspect it could be a mindfield as they would have calls daily from clients saying "I'm paying you €€€'s and why is my site not number 1 in Google for my chosen key words" ;)

I'd be interested to hear some of the best comments you SEO providers have head over time from such clients?
I know of one guy who is completely backlinks obsessed - 10 weeks into a 12 month programme he started beating up his seo guy and completely lost the plot - he couldn't check the backlinks himself therefore claimed the seo company had done nothing. Total ass(o). He posted on here a few times, looking for guys for half nothing to do linking and blogging.

What about this one......

"Could you not just give Google a call and tell them I'm paying for SEO so to move my site onto the first page?"

I very recently heard this one - I had to ask what they said again as I thought I was hearing things:

"My SEO company told me my website is in a SandBox - as you did the build and design could you just remove the sand design images and Google will like our website more!" :)

SEO is about targeted customer acquisition. It's the organic first step of the acquisition - conversion - retention model for online marketing. The inorganic been PPC advertising.

Its about identifying searched for terms, building quality content/pages around those terms and ultimately ranking as high as possible in the organic serps using a combination of resources to drive as much quality traffic as possible. Ultimately also being able to move with changes in search so as to stay on top of the game which is what seo in essence is-a game to outwit your comptitors and the bigger S.Es. Its a constant battle with no guarantees.

Search engine marketing (SEM) refers to the short text advertisements which generally appear at the top or down the right hand side of search engine results. These are often labeled as "sponsored Links" or "sponsored results". These advertisements are generally purchased from Google , or Yahoo! Search Marketing.
Thanks but, the question was:"What is YOUR definition of SEO" - we can easily look up definitions from sites such as Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation. The differences explained.

Search engine optimization (SEO) refers to civilizing a web sites natural ranking in the search engine results page. This more inexpensive method is often slow and new web sites may take up to a year to get civilized rankings in Google.

Re:

Hi Friends,

SEO is the process of improving the quality of traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be stated as a highly specialized process of building a successful website. We say successful because if a commercial website cannot be found in the major search engines, it is not successful, it just isn't doing it's job.

Thanks...
seoservicesagency.com