Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyjashua

Link building is main criterion and has that reputation too. In fact, not just link building it has both on page and off page optimizations (Content oriented) to be held together to be on top..!!

clothing.ie

My Definition of SEO would be

"Optimising your pages and site to get to the top of the Search Engines' generic results for your targeted search phrase or term"

s3solutions

This is a definition by Rand Fishkin, chief executive of a Seattle-based search consultancy called SEOmoz

"SEO is the combination of tactics and strategies, including, but not limited to, optimization of information architecture, usability, content focus, audience targeting, design, development, keyword research, keyword placement, link building, social media marketing and any other online or offline branding/marketing elements that support the goal of receiving more traffic from search engines"

I completely agree with the definition from Rand > doing SEO is not that easy.

mickyjashua

Rand's statement was simply emphasizes the facts and the perfect path for getting best results too..
Thanks for sharing..!!

saviourdlima

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is positioning or optimizing your website so that search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, MSN, AOL, Alltheweb, Ask etc. recognize and list your business as close to the 1 place in your business keyword categories. SEO is often referred to as organic or natural search. SEO provides a cheaper long term solutIon for Increased qualIfIed traffIc and generates customer InquIrIes that ultImately convert to sales.

seopositive47

I would like to put it in simple words-

It is a way to make your website appear higher when someone types a keyword that relates to market/bussiness of your website.

glenbolton85

Every time a person uses the Internet and a search engine they need first need to decide what it is they are looking for and will then type this into the search engine to begin the search. Once this has been done a list of websites that have the words relevant to the search in it will be displayed. There is usually a short description of the website underneath each entry on the list, and the person using the Internet will then click onto which website seems to be the best looking one for them. SEO is used when writing the content for websites and can either make or break the rankings of a website.

rikzricci

The process on which to promote a site to target markets.

I agree for this one. Because of that what do we really think of this SEO? All I know about it is to make your target website to earn money.

By the way, why is that you ask for this, if what would be the real definition of the SEO in our selves? Do you have a bad ranking or something?

I'm so sorry, but just asking sir...

Francis12

SEO is an active practice to explore internal and external factors of a website to imporve search engine rankings through which ROI can be increased..!!

glenbolton85

SEO is the combination of tactics and strategies, including, but not limited to, optimization of information architecture, usability, content focus, audience targeting, design, development, keyword research, keyword placement, link building, social media marketing and any other online or offline branding/marketing elements that support the goal of receiving more traffic from search engines

ganesh6789

SEO is a process of optimizing website for better search engine ranking.The site we develop should be search engine friendly site and should be easily accessible to search engine crawlers.It is a process of increasing visibility of that site.

musicworld1

The basics of search engine optimization, such as choosing key words and where to place them, to help your web pages get higher rankings in the search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.