Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickyponting

Search Engine Optimization is a great way to kick-off your Web marketing, increase your web presence, increase your visibility, double up your revenues and kill the competitors.
Today’s business has become reliant on the Internet as the easiest and most reliable way to access information quickly.
Information search on the web is becoming way of life, everything can be found online—including your services, it is a great way of marketing your product and services. The only tricky part is making your Web site visible to potential customers when they are looking for you.

M3iTelecom

kodaijacaranda

Search engine optimization (or search engine marketing) is the process of increasing the amount of visitors to a web site by ranking high in the search results of a search engine.

Byrden

I agree with definitions such as those from clothing.ie and Brabazon; SEO is the process of getting a better place in the SERP for your chosen keywords.

I don't think a definition that lists techniques is useful, because it will become dated.

I don't think that keyword selection is part of SEO. It's done in conjunction with SEO, of course, but deciding who you want to visit your site is not the same thing as encouraging them.

And I don't think that SEO necessarily improves your ROI. A website might not exist to make a profit but could still need SEO (e.g. many Government informational sites).

David Byrden

neweb

There are a lot of explanation here in relation to what SEO is, but how do you explain it to a client. I don't offer SEO as an option but I would include some SEO in all my work. Is that not the reason why you charge a little more then say someone who builds a web page and will do no more with it.

If you charge someone for a service then you better make sure you can show what you are charging for otherwise it will look like a scam even if you did put a lot of work into the site.

Byrden

Alan:

The same thing happens to me; I tell a client that I could improve their site's visibility to search engines, and they ask me just what I am talking about. Some of them don't even think in terms of search; they see the site as a kind of shop-front that proves they are still in business, not as a part of their advertising.

So I wrote a simple explanation of SEO for these clients.

David

pfurey101

If you assume "SEO = increasing traffic to your website", then I think this image covers the lot.

View attachment 339

Not all of the above elements maysuit your business / market, such as Social Networking (Facebook, Twitter etc) for example, this may be of no benefit to you.

rosstaylor345

In easy words SEO is that method, which helps you get more visibility in search engine by optimizing with various techniques for your main keywords.

Joylin

An SEO is someone who understands how people search for information (on the web and in other ways) and ensures that they or their clients are visible in the unpaid listings that are provided. A search marketer, by the way, is someone that ensures listing in both paid and unpaid listings.

bober

SEO is like baking a cake…. ‘not enough of one ingredient or missing elements will decide how the cake tastes’

bober

Still burying links Glen ? ;)
Your like the link police, think you'd have me in jail by now :) Am I that bad?(maybe don't answer that). I'm just thinking especially on this post, some1 asking for a seo definition. give my def & elaborate with a link. btw it's gone :)

'even if it's the hard way, i'll learn the ways of good practice'

link8r

Your like the link police, think you'd have me in jail by now :) Am I that bad?(maybe don't answer that). I'm just thinking especially on this post, some1 asking for a seo definition. give my def & elaborate with a link. btw it's gone :)

'even if it's the hard way, i'll learn the ways of good practice'

I was really just joking - didn't mean to stalk you online! lol =D nothing wrong with the link and just the place for it. I probably should have DM'ed or sent a message but I just found it very funny after watching the last one.

"It's all good"

mordecai

hi

For me being as an SEO employee I could say that SEO define as search engine optimization where the site of any businesses will need to get to have a good rank where you could see it on the page one of the search engine like on google. Like for example the business of the client is online marketing consultant in Michigan, so we have to do any actions just to put its page on the first page so the searchers or readers could be easy to find it.

Rogernick

SEO is a strategy and implementation to put your site in first page of the search engines or optimizing your site according to the rules of search engines hoping search engines will love your site one day and give you the first place :)

neilhaboush

You should use SEO Services to boost your own online marketing, it's all about the clicks and all about the advantage you can have over your competition. If he's not online and you are then you're likely to be ahead of him/her

Eloise Alexis

SEO simply means Search Engine Optimization. It basically involves outwitting the search engines, and doing things that will get you ahead of search engines.

dana franklin

SEO can make the content of your web pages more relevant, more attractive, and more easily read by search engines and their crawling and indexing software.

Search Engine Optimization(SEO) refers to the techniques that are being applied to make the targeted keyword in top of google.The SEO can basically be divided as on page and off page.On page refers to the modifications that are being done in the website and off page refers to the technique that are done to ensure that you are getting a significant amount of inbound links from high authority sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.