Status
Not open for further replies.

The Walsho

I'm interested to see the typical day of the webmasters on here.

When I finished my leaving cert almost a month ago, I let myself get into "waster mode" a bit. Late nights, even later mornings, drinking far more than is viable, that sort of thing, and I'm struggling to get out of it.

I'd usually get up at 1pm, grab the laptop and browse for an hour, then make breakfast, and back online. I then stay on the laptop until dinner, after which I go back on the laptop. I might take a break at around 8/9pm, and either watch a movie, or go for a walk. Then back onto the laptop until about 5am, which is my most productive time, regarding making websites etc. Alternatively my "break" will be going out somewhere with mates and not getting back until around 5 am. I said the word "laptop" far too often in that paragraph.

This is not healthy. I'm in the wrong timezone, eating just two meals a day, not getting enough exercise, and generally not getting enough work done, despite having plenty of laptop time. So, tell me how organised your days are, and what your working environment is, maybe that'll get me working properly!

beachboy19

A Web Designer’s day in Paradise

The tropical sun starts the rooster crowing at about 4:30 a.m. so I am usually up by 5:00 a.m. reviewing what I wrote yesterday and looking at how my web traffic did. Then there is picking which local coffee to make; it harder than you might think! We have over 30 different local coffee growers here each with its own unique flavor. After the coffee decision and writing and editing, it is time for breakfast. Then more work on web design and writing content and off to the local pool for a water aerobics class and "talking story" (that is what locals do here when they talk; they tell stories of things that happened). After returning to the house I check out the web CAM of our local Volcano. It is erupting now so I check to see if there are any dramatic lava flows that I should rush up and video. Long leisurely lunch of locally caught fish I bought at the docks yesterday is next. Then time for a longer nap under a ceiling fan as the tropical breezes blow through the house. It is a good idea to stay out of the sun during mid day here. After I wake up it is time to go to the local farmers market and buy fruit and veggies and then to the dock for more fish. I take my camera around to get photos and videos of people playing music, swimming, and enjoying themselves to add as content on my blog and web site. After all that work, it is time to take another nap and then work more on my web sites. Dinner with a glass (or 5) of the best French wine I can afford and then I watch my favorite Japanese TV shows (we get Japanese TV here and I really like it). Then time for bed to start it all over again the next day.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
my day is similar ...

Wake up ... hug the bed ...

get out of bed .... try opening eyes ...

hug bed again realising its cold outside of bed.

hope laptop is beside bed ... grab it and open it up ... read emails ...

Avoid work related emails ... spam button works well I find ...

VA tells me to let the cat out ... (no its not a code word)

See if there is any food ... realise there is nearly always food ... opt for a coffee or a red bull

set up MBP in the office ... realise its cold here too back to bed ...

and so on throughout the course of the day :D ..

babyboy808

The tropical sun starts the rooster crowing at about 4:30 a.m. so I am usually up by 5:00 a.m. reviewing what I wrote yesterday and looking at how my web traffic did. Then there is picking which local coffee to make; it harder than you might think! We have over 30 different local coffee growers here each with its own unique flavor. After the coffee decision and writing and editing, it is time for breakfast. Then more work on web design and writing content and off to the local pool for a water aerobics class and "talking story" (that is what locals do here when they talk; they tell stories of things that happened). After returning to the house I check out the web CAM of our local Volcano. It is erupting now so I check to see if there are any dramatic lava flows that I should rush up and video. Long leisurely lunch of locally caught fish I bought at the docks yesterday is next. Then time for a longer nap under a ceiling fan as the tropical breezes blow through the house. It is a good idea to stay out of the sun during mid day here. After I wake up it is time to go to the local farmers market and buy fruit and veggies and then to the dock for more fish. I take my camera around to get photos and videos of people playing music, swimming, and enjoying themselves to add as content on my blog and web site. After all that work, it is time to take another nap and then work more on my web sites. Dinner with a glass (or 5) of the best French wine I can afford and then I watch my favorite Japanese TV shows (we get Japanese TV here and I really like it). Then time for bed to start it all over again the next day.

Sounds sooooo nice! I know where I'm moving :)

nevf

get up as late as possible but when i'm working that day, i get up at about half 9

working 10-6 in a local computer shop... come home, have the dinner, go online, see what the s'craic is... from 9 until about about 2 in the morning, start doing work on my own client projects.... have a shower, go to bed, and back again, ready for work the next day...

on the two days of the week that i'm not working, i could be up all night the night before, usually helping my dad, who then wonders why i'm tired.

it's a tough life.... especially the bits where you are the boss of your own work and don't like having deadlines, but it's the only thing that gets you working for the clients...

caminowebmaster

Get up a 6.30 - check stats from day before and write at least one blog post - work on client sites 8.30/9.00 to about 5pm - have a jog - work on own long term sites - bed 11/12 - get up and do again, until holidays.

weekends get out and eat with beautiful other half - I ignored her for the first year of working on sites, bad decision that was.

musicformedia

Get up as late as possible to get into work on time.

Do absolutely nothing in work....yes really...I really do nothing all day in work, and nobody has said anything for the last 6months...:confused:

During work:
Search for projects requiring music online. Whore myself out to people for free - the music industry isn't a money making one apparently :(

Stumble for about an hr or two each day.

Play territory wars - awesome game and brilliant time waster for the day

Come home. Compose music until around 12pm. Watch an episode of family before bed - nothing like going to bed laughing...

Sometimes add in sitting in the jacuzzi for an hr or two :)

waynewex

Wake up at about 10am and get into my jacuzzi to smoke a cigar and relax for a bit. After that I get out, have a nice lunch, a glass of fine wine, hop in my Porsche and then drive over to the local schools in order to sell the kids some drugs. After that, I get my private jet and fly to Miami for an hour or so.

Cass Flower

Wake up at about 10am and get into my jacuzzi to smoke a cigar and relax for a bit. After that I get out, have a nice lunch, a glass of fine wine, hop in my Porsche and then drive over to the local schools in order to sell the kids some drugs. After that, I get my private jet and fly to Miami for an hour or so.

Yeh Yeh....

Get up. Let the chickens and the dogs out and feed the cat. Long bath listening to news. Walk the dog over the hill and check on the sheep.
Look into laptop and drink coffee. Bake the bread for the day. Work work work and dip into internet forums in between. Swim and a drink with friends. Laptopland until bed. :)

Gossip Junkie

Up at 7 in the morning. work from 9 am to 6 pm.
Dinner at 8pm. Will take shower at 8:30pm.
check my laptop from 9 to 10pm. At 10:30 I'm off to bed.
That's my typical day every weekdays.

blackcat

Yeh Yeh....

Get up. Let the chickens and the dogs out and feed the cat. Long bath listening to news. Walk the dog over the hill and check on the sheep.
... Bake the bread for the day...
:lol: That was fun to read....
Oh, I would too like to own a private jet and fly to Miami for an hour or so. But since I do not, my life is pretty boring. I am not really doing anything else beside my work. Writing this down made me actually realize how lame I am and I am living a boring life.
Need to make some changes. As soon as I drink my coffee. And watch that movie. And take the dog out for a walk. And read the newspaper. And bake my bread. And finish all my tasks for today. After I am done, I will take some action... :eek:

I4Visual

slowly wake up abot 7:45-8:00, get dressed and sloppily style my hair. grab keys, money and stuff.. walk to train station half dead, get on train to other town.. walk to work about 30% dead now, arrive at work.. sit down, drink tea, 100% awake now and do work all day:)
go home same way i cam on train, 10% dead after day.
get home, sit on pc and play games and browse net til 11:30-12:00, go to bed
wake up & repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.