Status
Not open for further replies.

trickobrien

Seems like its all Adwords,Facebook,Tradedoubler possibly CJ

Isnt there a big enough market for an Irish affiliate website?

trickobrien

Im surprised at that.If Irish people in general are spending more online,then surely Irish businesses would follow suit?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's economics
Affiliate networks cost a lot of money to run properly and you need to have a certain number of publishers AND advertisers.
The Irish market is tiny
Spending money online does not equate with advertising and advertising does not equate with affiliate marketing ..

trickobrien

I may not be using the right terminology,cant say im all that familiar with this area

I thought if Irish people spend online then businesses need to advertise their products/services

I am noticing a lot of small local businesses in my town running PPC (and FB fan page) campaigns

If Im getting 30/40 cents a click from Adsense plus Googles share,and say an average of 1:100 conversion for the business,then each new customer costs them more than €50?

So I thought a lot must be spent on traffic/leads/sales

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There are quite a few companies offering advertising management ie. they'll sell the inventory for several of the big publishers, most of the bigger affiliate networks either have an Irish office or have some focus on the Irish market. I know that there's one or two companies that are doing some things, but I'd suspect that the market is very small.

Satanta

If Irish people in general are spending more online,then surely Irish businesses would follow suit?
Along with the points BK has already made (especially in relation to economy of scale which is a major factor), it's worth remembering how much of the "Irish spend online" is going abroad. I don't have the figures off the top of my head (I've a vague memory of the report I'm thinking of coming from Google a number of months ago, if anyone remembers it), but due to the relatively poor ecommerce offerings of Irish sites the majority of that online spend goes to the UK or further afield. Things are improving here, but we've still got a lot of catching up to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.