Where to buy software (licenses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason

I need to get copies of Adobe web premium for 2 designer/developers. I remember reading somewhere before that paying for the licenses and downloading from the US was the most cost effective way to go. Walking in to a shop is the worst thing I could do.

So what software do you use and where did you get it?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I need to get copies of Adobe web premium for 2 designer/developers. I remember reading somewhere before that paying for the licenses and downloading from the US was the most cost effective way to go. Walking in to a shop is the worst thing I could do.

So what software do you use and where did you get it?

Bought in the US ... cost 1142 EUR .. I had another thread on this going WTF is with the price differences between the US and the EU. I think I saved 900+ EUR going that route

You'll want a US address to get the software so you'd also want to be able to do it through a US proxy server of some kind when it comes to registering / downloading the software. Not really sure how legal it all is ? but you are technically buying the software from Adobe so ...

Edit: on a different ish note ... I was on the lookout for a copy of XP Pro and I see it'd just be cheaper for me to probably buy a new machine from dell with it installed than to buy it separately 359 ex ... 434 inc vat ... I think I bought a machine from dell before for that and upgrading to xp pro would have cost 60 quid more ..

Status
Not open for further replies.