Who I have been following

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickobrien

I have been following decisions and purchases of a successful webmaster from the states,and here are the things I have noticed.

He buys sites that are popular and unique (Alexas well below 10,000).I have seen him pay 50 grand for sites that dont make enough to cover hosting costs,but he is able to monetize them in ways the owners cant see (or me for that matter).

He purchased one site for 45 grand that was turning over about 6 grand a month with approx. 1,200 as profit.The original owner was stressed to death working 16 hours a day every day,and even considered just deleting the site from his server.This guy bought it,paid a few high profile marketers to blog about the site,and has tripled the turnover in a year,with 250k in escrow.All admin work is now outsourced.That particular site will be back on the market next year for offers over 1 million.

He also has a selection of blogs (entertainment,tech etc) that he pays good writers to post to,and some make around 2 grand a month with adsense ,of which about 25% gets paid out to authors.

I know I am not at his level yet but I enjoy following his business

link8r

sounds good. could be the ENFP (Idealist; Champion) in me but it sounds very hollow. No doubt I'll get some comments for saying that but its just my opinion on it.

trickobrien

Well Im friends with the guy who was slaving away 16 hours a day and was going to delete his site.Besides selling his site,he is now on the payroll as a coder.

microworkers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.