Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Hi Folks,

I’ve been searching the web for an ‘interactive community web site software’, have looked at Dolphin (rubbish), Joomla & Drupla and their possibilities (a lot of work)… yesterday came across one that’s from Galway. Wiccle dot com, looks promising but it seems to be brand new… I’ve already come across a problem, their public forum! Where’s the dam button to join the forum?:mad:

If anyone has used it or knows if its any good, let me know here.

Cheers,
Andrew.

CodeSatori

Hi Andrew!

This is Markus from Wiccle writing. We are actually a rather international bunch (I'm from Finland / Denmark / all around myself), while our headquarters are in Galway (with Keith Killilea and the sales staff). iWiccle/Wiccle have been actively in the works since late 2008 and the incorporation of Bridge Media, with research and business plans groundwork Keith's desk dating back a couple of years. With that, as I hopped onboard and got my hands dirty with the code, we already had a clear concept of what exactly was on the pipeline, and a solid development plan to make it happen.

Our aim has been to pick the best from the current CMS platforms, top it off with original solutions, and make it easy to use. While it's not an old platform, it's a platform that's grown to be stable enough, and turn into a grand market player if we get a but a fragment of our planned future development done. Downloaded iWiccles are already counting in the thousands, and we have dozens of 100% Wiccle-based custom business sites in works or completed, so our tools have already seen their fair opening share of real life application.

Believe if you will, but we actually had a large-ish Register Now image in place until the site overhaul two days back, when it got buried under the dust. There's a "Log In / Register" link at the top right corner of every page at Wiccle.com you can use, but I agree that it's tiny and not enough on its own. There's now a new button in place for you at the Forums, Andrew — please hop onboard and see how you like it! :cool:

Regards,
Markus

Andrew

Hi Markus,
Well now, I wasn’t expecting that! :eek: Thanks for the info, great to know someone had the idea to take all the good stuff and pack it into one. I really hope it’s good, am after wasting a lot of time trying out others. Although the good thing about you guys being based in Galway is; if I’ve any problems your not too far away… its easier to complain face to face!?!… only kidding.

...and make it easy to use.
Perfect! easy makes wonderful sense!

...There's now a new button in place for you at the Forums...
Now that’s what I call service! Jeepers, you guys even keep an eye on other forums, I‘ll be expecting an instant reply over on your own forum!?!
Okay, I’ve registered there now

Thanks Markus
Andrew

CodeSatori

There are a fair dozen businesses from around our office block lined up for new pre-release Wiccle Enterprise sites already, most getting a good deal of custom work included with our 100 first customers opening offer for free site design, content modeling and custom coding bundled. Anyone of them are welcome to come knock on the office door and pop in --- so if you're in the neighbourhood, go check out Keith's Commodore 64 cap and have a cup of coffee.

We do have times of the day for sleep also, for me at more random times than for most, but unless it's peak development time we try to cover the forums at least once a day. Right now the gears are going high again, as our flagship product, Wiccle Web Builder, is coming out next week. Wait for that until you make your final judgment on our goods — our latest, iWiccle 1.11, is a mature working prototype, but not our final word by a long shot.

Here's to hoping this post doesn't get tagged for advertising! I've been writing the content you see at our new site for the past two weeks day and night, so my output is still a bit loaded in the marketing mode. :) See you at Fusion, Andrew!

Status
Not open for further replies.