Will a .eu rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalin

I'm rather sceptic about the future of .EU; Not because of search engines but how people take it.

Hardly anyone identify themselves with "Europeans", but with a certain nationality. The EU does not give you the national identity that Country Code TLDs give you, which is exactly what many companies seek.

I think .EU will suffer the same faith as .US. Many people place too much value on it, esp. cybersquatters of course :cool:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about PR, but some of the .eu sites I have are doing quite well on SERPs which is good

Gavin

Actually thinking about this I have never actually came across an .eu site on a search. I wonder if it is just because there isnt .eu sites on topics that I search for.

Personally when it comes to crunch I would buy .com or .net over any of the others and I really dislike .biz

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
.biz and .info are mostly fairly useless

I've got a mixture of .com .co.uk .ie .eu and a few other ccTLDs

RedCardinal

I'm not sure about PR, but some of the .eu sites I have are doing quite well on SERPs which is good

Cant see why a .eu wouldn't do as well as a .ie or .com (or whatever for that case). Same algo, same index, just slightly different SERPs based on searcher location etc.

I presume your hosting locally Michele? So your .eu domains will probably do ok in Irish SERPs?

TBH I cant see how any of the SE's could possibly penalise .eu in any way, shape or form. Same rules apply - optimise well and rank well.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
All of the .eu domains are on Irish IPs. I've put a couple of .co.uk's on UK IP space and a new .com on US IP space.

The advantage of running a hosting company :)

Status
Not open for further replies.