Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

www.forumwaterford.com
997kb's and loading.....:rolleyes: Christ eating a bananaa!

ph3n0m

that would either be the video that is trying to load, the flash that is loading at the top of the page or any number of items in that page :)

Cormac

took me 40 seconds on 3meg broadband to load the page and even then the video didn't load. I pressed play and...my browser crashed!

Is this web 2.0?

ph3n0m

believe it or not that is a company I used to work for :)

The site just went to shite after I left - so I am no way involved or responsible for it

RedCardinal

this is sick to have on a website that is looking for advertisers:

Silly Stuff

Actually now that I have taken a look, that's just palin stupid. I'm somwehat in shock that, well, that that's up there.

Who in their right mind would put up stuff like that on a corporate website??

You could hold them over a barrel with content like that. Just imagine all those car dealers if they knew they were being represented on a site with that 'silly stuff' on?

Fanteastic find. I'm almost tempted to get in touch with some of the dealers you know :D I might just include a spidered copy of the 'silly stuff' page and tell how I was comtemplating buying a car from them until I saw it :D :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Some of that content is extremely offensive. It's the kind of content that would be a legal minefield on a corporate intranet, never mind on a public website!!

louie

I'll be afraid to even do that.
You never know how people think, and that could really affect your image in public.

RedCardinal

I have checked their site to see if it might have been hacked but to be honest it looks pretty much like they published this themselves. The link to that page is in the footer all over their site.

Blog post already done :D

If anyone cares to promote the post we can watch how this plays out.

[edit] how long does the recent blog take to update Michele?

link to blog post Search Engine Optimisation Ireland .:. Red Cardinal » YourCar.ie ‘Silly Stuff’ - More Like ‘Incredibly Offensive Stuff’

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The "recent blog" updates every 60-90 minutes - I'd have to check the exact settings.
Your blog post sent a pingback to this thread already :) (see below)

RedCardinal

The "recent blog" updates every 60-90 minutes - I'd have to check the exact settings.
Your blog post sent a pingback to this thread already :) (see below)

Sorry I'm either very blind or very stupid (or perhaps in the middle somewhere:eek:) but I cant see the ping?

Maybe only for admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.