Would a legal issues forum be of use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Would members find a "legal issues" forum (possibly private) be of benefit to members?

topics such as :
- general legal
- contracts
- WIPO
- UDRP
- trademarks

etc etc

Thoughts?

MOH

I'd certainly be interested in something like that, maybe also including issues from the e-commerce side of things (although the existing e-commerce forum might be more suitable for that).
You'd probably want to make sure it's clear in the charter that it's just for general legal issues discussion, and shouldn't be taken as actual legal advice for specific cases.

newmaster

I think it's a good idea. You'll attract a good bit of traffic from it as well once it's up and running as there are very few legal/law forums out there for best practice etc for webmasters

paul

Ninja
I think it could be a goer, it would need to be invite only and a list of who has access should be maintained (so I don't post up when someone on the forum is trying to sue me)

ziycon

I think it would be a good idea, theres very little help out there for people looking for quick answers to simple legal questions regarding sites/domains/trademarks etc.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok .. I've been thinking this over a bit ..

What I'm thinking is that there be two levels (a bit like the way there's a public and a private site review section)

Logic is this ..

If it's 100% private then it will end up being a very small subset of the members who are able to interact and benefit from it, so it wouldn't really help anyone .. (well apart from one or two people .. )

The privacy aspect of it however is also valid, so I'll see what I can come up with in terms of a model that *might* work.

tracking who has access to the forum - simplest thing there would be to get everyone to post a short intro - anything beyond that is probably not workable from an admin point of view .. (stream of consciousness here .. )

Status
Not open for further replies.