Would you consider switching blog platforms?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gav240z

I moved from using Joomla / Wordpress to Drupal this year. Drupal has the features I need to run multiple websites, instead of managing multiple website installs, Drupal does it all.

However it has a long way to go in terms of usability so its not for everyone.

eamo

Yes Gavin, this is a public forum and generally, people post their opinions on them. Considering that I have received dozen of spam emails from this site trying to get me to sign up, is it not right that I can promote my sites as well as everyone else here. Or are you one of these forum bullies? I think I'll give you webmasers meet a miss.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Gavin, this is a public forum and generally, people post their opinions on them. Considering that I have received dozen of spam emails from this site trying to get me to sign up, is it not right that I can promote my sites as well as everyone else here. Or are you one of these forum bullies? I think I'll give you webmasers meet a miss.
Huh?
What emails are you talking about??

FrisArvz

Well, if its really needed, why not? But for me, you should choose a good platform from the very first you start blogging.

immediate

I may move from wp to movable type which is based on HTML static content publishing. There 2 very distinctive virtues of static content:

1) It's static so much harder to be manipulated unless there's a system level breach.
2) It costs much much much less server resources with regards to the same traffic.

Andrew

I may move from wp to movable type which is based on HTML static content publishing. There 2 very distinctive virtues of static content:

1) It's static so much harder to be manipulated unless there's a system level breach.
2) It costs much much much less server resources with regards to the same traffic.

Hi Immediate,

Very interested to read your thinking of moving from Wordpress to another platform. I’m currently playing around with WP on a site I haven’t finished yet and was finding it very cumbersome and slow to load the admin pages. Have you found their support forum very hard to negotiate?

What’s Movable type like?

Take care,
Andrew

PS sorry, I’ve gone off topic here

lighthouse

I'm currently considering dumping WP in favour of Movable Type.
MT 4 has a WP importer, so hopefully it should be possible to migrate without too many headaches

How did that work out?
Don't have a blog yet, but notice many migrating to Wordpress from Blogger
MT4 is supposedly more flexible in page presentation possibilities than Wordpress?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
MT4 is supposedly more flexible in page presentation possibilities than Wordpress?

There's a clear segmentation / separation between the display (templates) and the underlying system, which means that you can do some pretty funky things at a design / presentation level without inadvertently compromising your security.

Eventupholstery

As a fledgling, you'll need a writing for a blog stage that is not difficult to set up, has a low expectation to learn and adapt, and doesn't need any coding abilities. You'll likewise have to contemplate what sort of blog you need to make, presently and later on. ... That implies it's vital to pick a publishing content to a blog stage that is adaptable, with space to develop.

leather upholstery in Dubai | sofa repair Dubai | sofa upholstery Dubai | sofa upholstery Dubai | Event upholstery | exhibition upholstery | curtains and blinds in Dubai | النوافذ والستائر الواقية دبي | ستائر النوافذ في دبي