Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGogh

Just launched my first website venture this weekend ... bia-bid.ie. Its like eBay for restaurants. Have a couple or restaurants signed up and some offers available. Would really appreciate any feedback (good or bad) on the website and the idea behind the site before I start promoting it to general public. Thanks a mill, vanGogh.

mccomf

Just launched my first website venture this weekend ... bia-bid.ie. Its like eBay for restaurants. Have a couple or restaurants signed up and some offers available. Would really appreciate any feedback (good or bad) on the website and the idea behind the site before I start promoting it to general public. Thanks a mill, vanGogh.

I would welcome "about" on front page as I didnt really know what is website for.I was confused and went away

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing

Apologies if this sounds harsh but erm ..

The bad
- The colours
- The Logo
- The Buttons
- The - in the domain
- The lack of appealing imagery

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why does the site refer to Bia-Bid Ltd?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there might be a law against pretending to be a limited company when you aren't.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Why does the site refer to Bia-Bid Ltd?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there might be a law against pretending to be a limited company when you aren't.

By eu ? or irish law if you're a .ie and a company you're required to include your business number

VanGogh

Thanks ... I'm registered as a sole trader ... hadn't realised that I was using Ltd in the site ... will update this asap.

Donagh

Nice work for your first website.

My biggest issue is with the colors. Yellow, black, red and blue just doesn't appeal. It's way too loud. You need some colors that are much friendlier on the eye. ;)

There's also a lot on the page. My eye doesn't know where to focus so I would do something about that. The scrolling text is very annoying. True it grabs attention, but maybe too much as it takes away from the rest of the content

emb

Some experts say that the first 3 seconds are crucial to the success of a web site.

I really don't think many people will stay more then the 3 seconds because the design is really bad. Sorry!

I would consider reviewing the web site design and specially the colors!

learnpipe

my 2 cents...

Hi,

Good work on getting the site up and running. Its a good concept but I think that you need to make it clearer as to what exactly the site offers. There's a theme running through the thread that says you need to make your core message clearer.

In my view, your colour scheme will not appeal to your target market. If I was in your shoes, I would get a designer involved now. Your branding is key to appealing to your target market.

Check out a company called foodzie (Welcome to Foodzie | Taste Something Different). They've been getting a lot of positive press in the US recently. They're in a different space than you but you can learn a lot from their approach to site design, layout, etc.

Good luck with it.

barneto2

I got logged out!

Hmmm...I guess my critique was too long and I was logged out! Site is not at the races, it reminds me of a framed page although it is not. You shouldnt have a horizontal scrollbar - whats that about? And Im using a widescreen monitor!

Colour scheme is a mess. Make something up on Photoshop and slice it up into Dreamweaver, Frontpage or whatever but Id take a stab at saying you probably made that site using Notepad!

You didnt realise that LTD is on the site so maybe you arent responsible for the actual making of the site but Id still start all over again. If you have the programming right then the design and layout are simple things to change.

cgarvey

Just launched my first website venture this weekend ... bia-bid.ie. Its like eBay for restaurants.

It's horrific; both technically and visually. I like the idea, and you definitely have some potential to build up a nice revenue-generating site, but you really do need to take on a designer, or work with a template to start with.

cgarvey

Indeed there is.

By eu ? or irish law if you're a .ie and a company you're required to include your business number

Irish law. You're probably thinking of the EU directive (and, as a result, Irish law; but a different Irish law!) around company information disclosure (not RBNs)?

wutangpaul

The design is terrible. Is that clip art from Microsoft Word on the front page?

If you want to have any chance of making money from this venture, at the very least get a front end person to skin the site properly for you, or somebody with *some* web design experience.

Having just "Home" is not good enough for a title tag. It makes it look really amateur.

A quick look at the source code tells me it's rubbish. Tables for layout? It's 2009.

The site looks like an online ad for 'Bee Keeping for Dummies' in 1997.

My best advice? Hire a web designer with user interface experience.

AAA

I think you got blamed for the color toooo much, so for me to tell you the same thing you'd just get upset even more :) And design itself has holes, as cgarvey said it does look amateur. Why is it yellow and black? What wrong with plain black & white? I liked your font though I think it kinda suits restaurant style.

to change:
1) it is not food style - it is cuisine (french, irish, romanian, chineese etc.)
2) price - what currency is that: euro, pound, dollars?
3) what so special about your website? Winning an auction for 40 euro for 2 to the restaurant? I think for 40 euro I could go to the same restaurant and enjoy the same meel and I wouldn't have to wait till the auction ends.
The other minus: wining paramets is the exact date, maybe even hours, am not sure, and what if I have a change of plan?

I don't see why should I use your website to go the restaurant, while I can do that at my free will at any time. Right I see only disadvanteges..

Maybe you could clear this for me. Hope you do have a thick skin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.