Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Carney

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Brendan Carney, I work as an Account Manager for Search123, part of ValueClick.

I just wanted to let people know about our Yahoo feed as an alternative to Google Adsense. The Irish search market is really starting to kick off now and more and more advertisers are spending their money on Yahoo campaigns. Many of our publishers have found the click prices on Yahoo to be much more lucrative than Google and so are choosing to monetise their sites this way.

Many publishers also prefer that this feed is available in XML or PHP and so is far more customisable.

Anyone interested in finding out more about Search123 and the Yahoo feed can email me at bcarney@search123.com or reply to this thread.

Brendan Carney

Most definitely. Sites are subject to an approval process by Yahoo but as long as they are of fairly good quality with decent content they should pass. It is called Yahoo UK + Ireland after all.

Publishers can sign up at Welcome to Search123 Website - Search123 - A ValueClick Company. When you sign up just include the URL's you want to display the feed on and they'll be sent through to Yahoo for their perusal. Approval can take up to a week and of course there are terms and conditions for how you display the feed...

Brendan Carney

You can't sign up to YPN directly unless you're a US resident. But we have been given the rights to re-syndicate the Yahoo feed in a number of markets outside the US including, UK & Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, Australia and South Korea.

So if you have traffic from any of these markets then you can monetise it with the Yahoo ads in our feed.

n3tFl0w

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism on not as anything personal but I'd be more inclined to use your services if your site looked better. Frankly its terrible and and doesn't even render properly on mac osx. Remember that you're trying to entice people to use your services. More importantly these people you're trying to get are an intelligent bunch and are used to slick websites(indeed most of them make them!).

However I'm sure your product is a worthwhile one, which I'll be taking a greater look at.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Is there going to be any future to the Yahoo publisher solutions if they're jumping into bed with Google?

Brendan Carney

I hope this is taken as constructive criticism on not as anything personal but I'd be more inclined to use your services if your site looked better. Frankly its terrible and and doesn't even render properly on mac osx. Remember that you're trying to entice people to use your services. More importantly these people you're trying to get are an intelligent bunch and are used to slick websites(indeed most of them make them!).

However I'm sure your product is a worthwhile one, which I'll be taking a greater look at.

What can I say, you're absolutely right. We've been meaning to do a site overhaul for some time now. But to be honest, most sites signed up are either approached by us or recommended by existing publishers.

I'm trying the forums in Ireland because I found such a large number of quality sites which aren't monetised as well as they could be. I can see the potential in the Irish market, it's been compared to the UK 2-3 years ago.

Brendan Carney

Is there going to be any future to the Yahoo publisher solutions if they're jumping into bed with Google?

Without a doubt. Yahoo have been doing everything they can to clean up their network; and with the new Panama platform they're establishing themselves as being really advertiser friendly.

I believe this will lead to an increase in advertiser spend and this trial they're running with Google will only lead to an increase in coverage for them.

We also have a Google Adsense feed and work with both across our network. Some sites work better with Adsense and some work better with Yahoo. I would be able to advise on any specific sites you guys have as to which solution will work best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.