Status
Not open for further replies.

leftofcentre

Hi folks, like many recently i have been doing the quest for a decent CMS.

I had a look at all the usual suspects, but nothing floated my boat, they all seemed to be very bloated and cumbersome.

One i found that i did like is:
Website Publisher, Article Management Software, PHP News Manager, Content Management System Software

It seems quite solid, i am testing it out on a clients site now. Its worth having a look at.

I also looked at expression engine, the next version is looking good, but the current one did not look too exciting.

nevf

i get the impression that it seems a touch expensive. If I quoted that price to whatever clients i had, they would probably dismiss me thinking i was making a huge profit on that....

when any of my clients saw CMS - they will either see it as "cheap and effective" or "free and effective". Maybe that was my own fault for that though... oops.

Very nice app though. It certainly seems very clean and has received a good few good reviews on google.

leftofcentre

Well it depends on your clients, to run it on 5 sites its $100 a copy, and you get a 30% discount for developers. So thats about €60 per site. I think its a bargain.

gav240z

Priced reasonably...

Seems reasonably priced to me too.

Doesn't appear to have a forum module for it though. I tend to build websites with a community forum feature.

I notice Net Registry use that system. When I was working in Australia for Melbourne IT, Net Registry were our biggest competitor and I always wondered how they produced such a great website (compared to ours). Looks like it was this CMS they were using to build it.

Personally if I was going to choose a commercial CMS it would probably be Expression Engine, but this looks like a good system too.

When you compare the price of FREE Open source systems to commercial ones, you have to factor in maintenance costs / upgrades / customisation / development time of said customisation and user training time.

Also if your data is stuck in a database and you want to migrate to a commercial CMS later you want to ensure you can easily do that, alot of open source systems don't let you easily export your data later. This should be a huge concern for any business.

Status
Not open for further replies.