Adsense CTR way up after change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecstatic

Right,

Have taken over one website recently and after changing the ads to appear more like the content my was up significantly.

I just changed the ad links to be more like the rest of the website still has add by google etc, i dont want to get banned by google etc is this okay to have ads looking similiar to site to blend in i read that it increase ctr but this is a big CTR increase.

Its a health information site by the way and top three in google for particular keywords.

paul

Ninja
just an FYI, you are not supposed to discuss CTR with google, it's against their TOS. Point #7

Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.