Dell PowerEdge Server €149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Dumping this in here as its not a market place offer as such .. still thought developers / people on here could use an extra machine for next to nothing

Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT
Amazing deal. Normal price according to Dell is €609 exVAT.

Offer ends 7/12/07

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Through the use of this code "123-SC44402" on this page

Ireland > Employee Purchase Program Home Page

It can be gotten for 188 EUR

You could add another 2 gbs to make it 3 gbs through crucial
Computer memory upgrades for Dell PowerEdge SC440 Server from Crucial.com

Happy Christmas everyone :D

Thread stolen from boards so you've no doubt seen it already... :D
Dell Poweredge Server €149 exVAT - boards.ie

I signed up for one ... will make a handy box for play / backup / subversion and so on

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
just bought one for work, couldn't resist, thanks for the link! :D

Mite by buy one for home yet too!

Forbairt

*shrug*
I've no idea how they placed the order... Maybe they did it with our account manager?

Usually if you've bought a number of machines and if you're talking to the right person you'll get some kinda special deal :)

I just got my order confirmation and it would appear for my 188 I've gotten the next processor up .. the Dual Core Xeon 3040 AHEM .. :D 2mb cache ...
Blacknight I don't suppose ye already have any of these machines ? and if so what did ye install on them ? read a thread that there were some problems with fedora and them ... so I'm open to suggestions as to what to install .. I had planned on ubuntu but as I said am open to suggestions

CiaranR

dam I paid extra for that :(

Yea I think we will put SUSE on it, we have it on few machines with SATA already, so it should be fine, Fedora doesn't support sata, I think thats what the issue there is.

Forbairt

Mine arrived today ... so far very happy ... ubuntu up and running in about 20 minutes ... :) everything was recognised

next = buy graphics card / sound card / memory :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Blacknight I don't suppose ye already have any of these machines ? and if so what did ye install on them ? read a thread that there were some problems with fedora and them ... so I'm open to suggestions as to what to install .. I had planned on ubuntu but as I said am open to suggestions

We got ours either today or yesterday...

I'm not sure what will end up on them, but I guess some will end up with Windows XP Pro or maybe Server 2003 and some with Ubuntu - depending on what we end up using them for.. The shipping cost more than the price of a single server, so we're not too bothered :)

CiaranR

Yea got ours yesterday too, will be a while before we get to go near them. Up to me eyes at the min. Planing on putting SUSE on it will let you know how it goes.

Forbairt

I'm currently debating getting another one (188 eur is just so tempting) ... though I'm curious what the hell I'd end up using it for ... maybe bung in another network card and dump a firewall / dns server / mail server on it but I'm thinking its probably overkill on this machine hmm...

Forbairt

That'll teach you to stay off irish web masters so long :) ...

but seriously its a very nice little machine amazing for the price ....

I'm in the process of deciding what graphics card / sound card to bung in it

I went to get a second one but I was too late :( ah well .. I'll know for again when dell mess up .. and yes I assume they messed up on the epp price at least :)

Status
Not open for further replies.