Status
Not open for further replies.
.ME DOMAINS SURPASSES EVERYBODYS EXPECTATIONS IN DOMAIN GROWTH
24.12.2008 | 13:39:42 |
From google news
The new internet domain darling Dot ME has surpasses everybody's expectations in growth.

While there are¨many websites and businesses out there that are quickly moving to secure the .me versions of their current .com domain names, at the same time it is also quite obvious that .me is not going to compete that much with .com. Instead, .me is hoping to do for web 2.0 what .com did for the original internet when it first came about. The new internet is all about social interaction and creating interest from a grassroots level. It is all about "me" in terms of websites like YouTube, MySpace, Facebook and all of the others and this is exactly what the .me domain name has a huge advantage, plus they are perfect for branding. Rather than facing .com on its own turf, .ME intends to create its own home field advantage in this area and act as a compatriot to .com rather than a competitor. It is this different approach that has made DotME the new internet darling.

DOTME has amazed exsperts with:

World record numbers of new ME domains sold, already over 3 million Me pages in google, plus after just 5 month there is already 274 Me websites in alexa's top 1 million website list! Compare this to other newly launched domain extentions:

- .ME has already 274 sites in top 1 Milllion websites.
- .ASIA has 88 in top 1 million. - dot .Asia even launched 3-4 month before .ME did.
- .Mobi has 227 in top 1 million - dot .Mobi even launched 2 years before .ME did.

DotME domains has surpassed everybody's expectations, and more and more internet, domain exsperts are now predicting .ME will become the 2 most valuable domain extension within a few years.

If you have not secured you're DotMe domain yet? maybe you should consider doing it soon.The Internet is all about You and .ME - and the DotME extension sure is a fast and strong growing baby.

One thing is for sure the internet is all about YOU & .ME <<<

Will be interesting see if .ME can keep up this fantastic growth:confused:

jmcc

No it will not. It is a bubble TLD and it will follow the same Landrush laws. On the anniversary of its landrush, most of the highly speculative domains will be dropped. A few people will make money from quick flips of highly brandable domains but in real terms, it may end up just another .tv or .cc type domain. However it is competing with .name for personal type registrations.

The .asia gTLD has not fared particularly well after its landrush period ended (typically three to six months after the start of the landrush). It is now averaging around 5000 domains a month.

HosterStats.com: Detailed .asia Statistics 2008

And as for those unnamed "experts", I don't consider them to be experts at all. :) Happy New Year.

Regards...jmcc

Well i sure am impressed:
Here is new stats from today, 2 weeks after above stats:

- .ME now has 345 sites in top 1 Milllion websites.
- .ASIA now has 88 in top 1 million. - dot .Asia even launched 3-4 month before .ME did.
- .Mobi now has 243 in top 1 million - dot .Mobi even launched 2 years before .ME did.

So in 2 weeks:
So .Asia has got 0 more sites in top 1 million
.Mobi has got 16 more in top 1 milllion
.ME HAS GOT 71 MORE IN TOP 1 MILLION

That sure is impressive to me.

I think there is a good reason .Me are doing so fantastic, they are simply perfect for branding:
Email.me, Loan.me, Kiss.me, Date.me, Dancedate.me, Youand.me, OnlinePoker.me, Save.me, Upload.me, Diary.me, OnlineDoctor.me Vegas.me .................................

jmcc

Well i sure am impressed:
Here is new stats from today, 2 weeks after above stats:
The difference between us is in the knowledge of domain statistics. I would probably have a greater knowledge of the subject and access to more statistics. As a result, what I consider to be valid statistics might be somewhat different. (I'm not a web designer or webdev. I work full time on domain statistics.)

That million sites is probably the Alexa list. And that list is quite dodgy in that the main source for the data is the feedback from users with the Alexa toolbar installed.

Those are merely PR claims and not genuine statistics. The .me ccTLD is really just a repurposed country code top level domain like .tv or .cc or even .ws. It is more brandable than .tv however in real terms it is not a significant player when it comes to .com or the main ccTLDs.

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.