E-Commernce - 1st time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticker

Hey all,

Just a quick question -

Whats the easiest e-commerce platform to intergrate into a new site build?

I've no experience with this and would like to learn. I'm using Dreamweaver CS3 as my primary web build tool. Is there special hosting required?

Alternativley if anyone can provide the service for me (or possibly even a few lessons to get me started - which I'd happily pay for) that would be fine too.

Thanks in advance

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The simplest would probably be Paypal

sticker

Thanks -

I'm considering buying the Lynda.com - "building an online shopping cart" training module.

It's got a Dreamweaver addon "Cartweaver Extension Suite" as it's main tool, considering I'm familiar with Dreamweaver, I may just go with this as an option.

Wild Thing

OSC needs a lot of contributions added to make it into one of the best carts about. It has a learning curve like all new software.

jsweb

Most "out of the box" eCommerce applications will require a little bit of learning (like learning to ride a bike);

Hope that helps.

elchefe

OsCommerce is pretty easier to install. I suggest you try yourself to install it before hiring anyone. You will learn how to install and configure the software, and in the long run, it'll be beneficial for you to know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.