Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Bob

Are frames a dead technology in terms of on page SEO?

I've been talking to some people who have problems getting their sites up the google rankings, these would have been long established sites, only recently updated after a period of inactivity and containing frames, Im of the view that the frames should go but they arent..

Opinions please! :)

gbonnet

Avoid frames at all cost when it comes to SEO!

For web design, frames stopped being used when CSS came into the show. So if you redesign your site, definitely get rid of the frames.

K

Kieran

Frames are the high nelly of web design. Even the thought of it. There should be no reason to use frames and SEO will just ignore it in its on page scanning.

Cant even remember the last time I landed on a frames site. Why do you ask other than the actual question? I would redesign a site straight away if it had frames.

Shiver...

Dara

Wow-Frames haven't heard that for years and they used to be how a lot of my sites were origionally built. I did at the time have very good success with regards to seo/serps but it was at least twice the effort in comparison to what all the guys have mentioned above- CSS etc.. Framed sites are like walkmans-the rage at the time but soon forgotten and embarrasing to be seen with now. Ditch them and do a revamp.

Byron

I still get the odd person prefering to use an iframe than spend a few hundred euros

tomed

The best thing to do for those "some people" is to get them to do a "site:" search of their domain on Google.

Then get them to click one of their results... and keep stressing "every page is a landing page"... that usually works for me when I can't get through to people!

markostanley

Like others have said, I would stay away from frames for SEO reasons and for lots of others. It's just not a great way of going about things.

Is there a good reason to use frames in this particular context? If not, avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.