Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrizelle

Hi,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but hopefully someone can help or point me to the right forum...

You know when you get an advertising text from eg. a 57xxx number - how would I go about setting up one of those accounts? I want to send a bunch of promotional texts to people who've done business with us before, but I'd rather not send them from my mobile no, as I'm not the contact for the promotions.

Thanks for any input,
J.

sophielc

I was wondering about this sms messaging; wouldn't that be considered as spam by people who are not subscribed to your service? I know I used to get SMS costing me €2 per week without realizing I was subscribed a few years back and I have a bad feeling about sms marketing since.

When you get an advertising email from someone you haven't subscribed to, it is spam, so why not sms?

jfrizelle

Thanks for replies, I'll check out those options.

I'm only contacting people who have given us their email address / mobile numbers. I probably phrased it wrong - I'm not sending a bunch of emails/text messages; I'm sending one email/text message to a bunch of people. I presume that doesn't count as spam. And it won't cost them anything to receive the info.

Alishashroff

Enterprise SMS services for online marketing

The answer to this question depends on what service you are looking for. There are various types of SMS services available, you need to check which one will suit your enterprise the best. You could be interested in checking out the services offered by Valuefirst. It is a solution that could be integrated with various applications, databases and processes. It takes care of Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, alerts, notifications, reminders, pushing and pulling real-time information. Valuesfirst has some excellent sms software for corporates at unbelievably low prices. The services include short code/long code SMS, and a tool that converts emails and sends them as sms to a mobile phone.

Michaela

Hi jfrizelle,

If you're interested in sending marketing SMS you'll need to find a reliable mobile marketing company to help you set up and manage your campaigns. You won't be using your own number, you'll be using an SMS short code to send messages in bulk to your customers.

Mobile marketing using SMS short codes is a great marketing tool to add to your marketing mix. You can target different customer segments with personalized messages and it allows for really great two way communication between you and your customer because customers can text back to any messages you send them. The response rates are far higher than other channels like email and it's also really quick to implement a campaign.

The great thing is that it can be really easily integrated with your current marketing mix e.g. you might like to include a call to action in one of your print adds, for example 'text INFO to 758392 to find out more!' [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]The costs are significantly lower than other types of marketing which is great because it means you can start small to trial it out.

If you're interested in finding out more about mobile marketing you can head to Involve Mobile where you'll find more info, campaign ideas and case studies.

Michaela

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Hi jfrizelle,

Michaela

Hi Michaela ... please consider this your first and final warning ...

SPAM is not tolerated on the Irish Webmaster Forum.

I've taken the liberty of removing all links from your post.

Regards,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.