Status
Not open for further replies.

glengara

Anyone see it?

Things appeared to be going quite well until the Dragons found out about ifood.tv another video recipe site.

Between that and opting for a .tv extension would make me suspect they had little if any any SEO/SEM input, somewhat surprising these days for an online venture valuing themselves at £1.5 million.

Mind you, after DiamondGeezer the Dragons may just have been looking for a handy excuse to decline :)

paul

Ninja
to be honest I never heard of the series, but I must see if it's possible to see it here. Looks interesting enough concept.

iFood.tv and iFoods.tv are too alike all right

davidbehan

It'd be funny if ifood.tv knew nothing about ifoods.tv being on dragons den, their site crashes, they check the logs and see a massive spike in traffic. They'd be well pleased with themselves but scratching their heads at the same time! :D

MickyWall

The guys on Dragon's Den did a great job for the other company. The other company should take them out for a meal to thank them for the free advertising.

Lottoplus

I logged on the both and I thought Ifood.tv was superior and the Ifoods is a bit acted with the chef waving his hands everywhere to emphasis things but ifoods.tv is a rip off of the other site.

But I like the idea, will be great when it grows

Lottoplus

One of the most popular questions we have been asked about our appearance on the Dragons’ Den is how did it impact on our traffic numbers and suffice to say you don’t have to be a genius to work out that we saw a huge spike and are not seeing it slow down all that much! Here are some of the interesting statistics that will make interesting reading for all of you people out there with Blogs and websites who like us spend a large portion of your life obsessing over the stats!

The following stats cover a 24 hour period from the moment the Dragons’ Den was aired……
55,563 Unique Visitors
186,819 Page Views
3.37 Page views per visit
40.97 Bounce rate
88.26 Percentage of new visits

We saw a massive amount of hits as the show aired and there is a good chance that the figures would have been substantially higher but our website suffered a mini heart attack due to the sheer volume the machines had to deal with. We outsource our video hosting to Amazon and this is a huge help in keeping things up to speed in the last few days!

I have also been reading that Damien Mulley said ” Out of the past 500 visitors 84 came via google after searching for iFoods.tv” after he wrote a post before the show was actually broadcast. This got me to thinking about methods of driving traffic to blogs. We are ok for traffic at the moment but I was thinking…….Why not find out who is appearing on big shows in coming weeks, blog about them, Twitter it etc and be ready to reap the benefits! Am sure there are probably people at this already but no harm in giving it a whirl!
I’ll give you an update on the bigger picture traffic wise next week!

It's helping sofar

Status
Not open for further replies.