Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Hi Lads,

Apart from the hassle I'm having with the installation, reckon I'm the first person with digiweb to do the install, I'm getting going with movable type.

Trying to set it up for the two new ones, wouldyoukiss.me (hopefully a hot or not type thing) and maybe if I get the time a willyoukiss.me (My first attempt at a dating site) both social networking, basically looking into the compatibility with facebook and the likes.

Am I going the right direction with this, I won't know myself until I get my hands dirty with MT

Thanks
Gary

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Was there a question in there somewhere? :)

garycocs

Hahaha sorry about that :D

Just wondering in ye're professional opinion am I going the right way? Do ye have nay tips for me regarding MT?

Triedd to get into joomla before but didn't really have the time to get into it properly and if you don't you're basically screwed!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Check out some of the resources on the MT site and have a look at the plugins etc.,

garycocs

Before I get any deeper into it, off the top of your head, what's the difference between MT and MTOS (I know one is open source i.e. free but the other one seems pretty free too? i.e. I only want one licence?) does OS have all the functionality of the regular?

garycocs

Ya been messing around with this for the week, unfortunately the social networking side of it isn't out officially yet and costs a bit of money too, I got a quote for any that are interested?

Thanks for your interest in a demo of Movable Type!

Our Movable Type Enterprise Solution is a robust publishing platform that can be used for blogs as well as a light weight web Content Management System. With the release of MT 4.2, we will be bundling our Community Solution with Movable Type Enterprise Solution.

Our minimum Enterprise Solution package starts at a one time perpetual license fee of $15,000 for 50-Users and 10,000 Profiles with 18% annual Maintenance and Support. Please let me know if you're interested in larger packs.

MT 4.2 is scheduled to release in August. What's New in Movable Type 4.2 | MovableType.org - Home of the MT Community

Best,
Anyone have any more suggestions for me?

I set up Irish Vids on ning.com in about 5 minutes but that's definitely not the way to go long term, really fell in love with the community solution and the facebook connections in movable type but this is still only a hobby for me so putting too much money into it, isn't really an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.