Status
Not open for further replies.

n3tFl0w

Hi all,

I'm tinkering along with my blog site and am looking for some feedback/feelings/advice on some of it...

The NetFlow - Excited? You shouldn’t be… A blog about everything. Technology Travel Life

For the most part the design is pretty finalised... but there is two things that i'd like to change. The logo(current one I threw together in a few minutes) and the design of the sidebar too. Any Advice?

As for the rest of the site - I'm working on a custom gallery page that will pull in my flickr images when I get around to upping them all. Also working on a work(will probably rename this...) section and the contact page will be the last thing I add.

Any feedback would be much apreciated.

n3tFl0w

Thanks - I'll take a look at those. I enjoy building my own though. well... I say build - I mean use an api to output the way I want. Its more fun that way.

companyhotseat

Comments on Blog

Hi there,

To be honest I like your blog, clean and simple and you seem to have enough content go along with it.

Would you consider moving the links from the right hand side to the left hand side as it is standard practice to have links on the top or left, right hand side is usually content but its all preference at the end of the day.

There is no indication of what your blog is about. You should put writing beside your logo or incorporate it into your logo indicating very briefly what the site is about. If people know whats its about you have a better chance of grabbing their attention and to keep them reading.

Apart from that good work!

Regards

James

n3tFl0w

Thanks for that. Appreciate it.

As for anyone else who is coming across the site now - I'm doing a slight redesign... I'm working on encorporating a second 'loop' to show just certain types of posts at the bottom left of the page there. This will look slightly out of place at the minute. Will be also adding something in the bottom right - probably someting relating to the gallery that I haven't decided on yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.