No-Follow followed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

I'd be more inclined to look at the other results in that set:

+ultilevel+markeitng - Google Search

Terrible, terrible pages, and this might have a bearing here - relative to the other crap her site may just be relevant enough. I think you also have to see the exact comments left on blogs.

I wonder if there were any half-decent results would this still happen?

glengara

As you say the quality of those other pages are like my leaf machine ....... nevertheless that page also comes up in an inanchor: search, and if we take that test at face value no-follow may not be all that black and white.

RedCardinal

As you say the quality of those other pages are like my leaf machine ....... nevertheless that page also comes up in an inanchor: search, and if we take that test at face value no-follow may not be all that black and white.
Just one lie link with that anchor would do it. How can she be sure that someone didn't scrap her comment and publish it? And the other point - how can she be sure that there is no live link somewhere?

I'm not completely doubting it, just saying that there is no real control for this IMO.

glengara

I came across that post on Sphinn, where somewhat surprisingly in view of the content it sank without trace.

I'm as sceptical as you are, but IMO if she didn't cheat herself there'd be little chance of a third party inadvertently fecking up the test.

Might well contact her....

glengara

OK, tried ultilevel marketing in quotes on G, results were either blog comments by Michelle or deliberate/accidental textual misspellings.

Thing is she changed her user-name to "ultilevel marketing" on a number of blogs she's a long-standing member of, so we're talking of 00s of links from established blogs rather than a dozen one-off drivebys in recent arrivals.

But still.....

Status
Not open for further replies.