Online shop recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo

Lads,

A friend of mine wants to set up an online shop; I'd rather not go the oscommerce route as time is against us, but would rather a solution which is pretty much ready to go. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was checking out www.denobi.com. Has anyone used these guys?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How much time do you have?

What kind of budget?

Any online shop script or solution will need work and some degree of customisation + time to add inventory etc.,

davedave

Hi Enzo,

I have not heard of denobi before. I have come across JSWeb (on this and other forums). These guys deal solely with Zen Cart and offer a range of different packages at different price points. Normally these types of solutions get knocked by techies as they are essentially installing and customizing Zen Cart which most techies would say you could easily do yourself. Personally I'd probably go install and configure it myself too!

Based on what you have said about time and a solution that is ready to go I think something like JSWeb above might be the best option for you. You get the customised install and you get the support. I'm sure there are other providers who offer similar services.

Dave

enzo

How much time do you have?

What kind of budget?

Any online shop script or solution will need work and some degree of customisation + time to add inventory etc.,

Hi Michele,
Ideally we'd like to get it up and running in less than 1 week (or at least to the point where we can start dumping in products).
Budget is open but ideally €1-3k.

enzo

Hi Enzo,

I have not heard of denobi before. I have come across JSWeb (on this and other forums). These guys deal solely with Zen Cart and offer a range of different packages at different price points. Normally these types of solutions get knocked by techies as they are essentially installing and customizing Zen Cart which most techies would say you could easily do yourself. Personally I'd probably go install and configure it myself too!

Based on what you have said about time and a solution that is ready to go I think something like JSWeb above might be the best option for you. You get the customised install and you get the support. I'm sure there are other providers who offer similar services.

Dave

Thanks for the recommendation Dave! Much appreciated.
We could probably configure it ourselves but don't really have the time.

shadow

a really good one is Magento. Its comperable to OS commerce but is a lot easier to set up IMO.

Its build on Zend (PHP). It is a bit of a pain to customize the layout if youre not familiar with zend but it has a great backend and all the features you could possible want, including friendly URLs for SEO

Its 100% FREE too.

link8r

Thanks for the recommendation Dave! Much appreciated.
We could probably configure it ourselves but don't really have the time.

That reply just sets off alarm bells - you just have to be up and running in a week? But you've never done this before either - do you think you could possibly be overlooking some things?

I think you're better off planning this properly and thinking it through with somebody who has been through this process before - especially if you can find someone with experience in your market.

indy0077

CS Cart Ecommerce Software

I would recommend CS-Cart, but there is just one rule: trying.... I would never say "that" is the best cart, because all depends on your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.