PHP framework question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsinfo

Hi all wasn't too sure where to post this so move if required. I am about to begin development on a property management site in php and and thinking of using a framework can anyone recommend one. Basically I have always wrote or configured my own functions/routines. For this project I would like to try out some of the frameworks available to me. I don't want one like joomla that controls it all but mearly to call on it when I need it or is that possible. I have see some like codeigniter, CakePHP or Zend but I dont not know which is better or worse or what criteria do they fall under.

Any input back would be helpful
Thanks

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
CodeIgniter +1

They are all much the same ... tbh with differences ...

CodeIgniter is one of the lighter frameworks I believe ...

I think there are around 20 main ones ... pick one and stick with it (The documentation on CodeIgniter is a major plus) ... get up to speed on MVC (model view controller) and the break down of code as a result ... do the 15 minutes blog demo and away you go

James

swordsinfo

great so you recommend the codeigniter? i'm currently looking at a demo for cakephp but not very good thus far .Been told to checkout drapal too this MVC thing pops up a lot too will see if i can grasp this first have studied java so presume thats the modal part of it?? thanks for the info if they are generally all the same that eliminates a lot of unnecessary searching.

swordsinfo

cheers for the input guys codeigniter it is have had a look at their tutorials on their site plus one or two others on youtube cant really remember the modal bit but controller and view im picking up on think with the a severe change in how I approach development but might as well keep up with whats going on. If you have any recommendations please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.