Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for a script / system for managing prices

Basically the site would list pricing for a small number of products from a large number of providers

Any recommendations?

louie

yes I get it. Are they going to be supplied via feed (rss, xml, etc) or will involve web page scraper?

It can be done both way based on cronjob (every day or as often as you want) then displayed from your local storage as it will be more flexible and leaves plenty of room to play with the data like sorting, enhancing certain results, etc...

louie

the only way you can have this done is creating a db that will hold the data based on registered user (approved by yourself as genuine) that are wiling to keep their business details up to date (in this case pricing structure) so you don't get this type of messages:
Those domain and hosting prices are way out of date now too Michele - you really should update them

hosting365

Well, we have an API, which includes all our domains and hosting plan specifications and pricing - if you find a script that works, we can give you access to it...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Nope

I found a script that will handle CSV files, but it's complete overkill :)

And even if I were to implement it it would be pointless, as I don't have access to CSVs from most of the Irish providers

Status
Not open for further replies.