Purchasing aged domains, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy808

Hi guys,

I'm not the type of person to ask a ton of questions whether something will work or not, I try and test it out first... BUT I am thinking of buying some aged domains (5 years+) for their "trust" value, but before I drop some €xxx on this, is it worth it? I mean once Google finds out I now own the domain, will they simply reset it as if it were a brand new domain or will it still give me a boost in the serps?

thanks,
-K

paul

Ninja
I think there should be few more factors taken into account
existing links to the domain ?
has it ever been dropped ?
has the domain ever been banned ?

When I move it, I would change the nameservers, and leave the existing content, then slowly change things, and finally change the WHOIS info little by little.

There is still a Google boost from using aged domains.

If its a good url, meaning a common phrase or something that would rank for that phrase it could be very worthwhile. Or if the site you are finding has good organic rankings already its good. I see sites with the phrase in their url ranking for that phrase all the time. Of course you need to make sure the site is SEOed properly with a nice amount of content, good meta-tags and I think that could be a good combination. Nice thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.