Re-ordering Display of WordPress Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

I'm looking for a way to change the order of how posts are displayed in certain categories.

For example: When I publish a new post it appears at the top of the category selected. I want to be able to choose the position were its displayed from 1st position to say 3rd or 4th.

In the perfect WP world I would like to be able change the positioning of posts in a regular basis, move better affiliate converting posts higher up in the category page.

From what I've been reading it seems this cant be done. I'm I missing something or does anyone know if this can be done?

louie

It can be done alright but that will require too many changes to the core functions and is not recommended as any updates will overwrite them.

Gavin

Thats what I was afraid of. I'm very good at destroying WP so its probably best I go back to the drawing board with this idea.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
No worries :) I haven't used that one I have done some basic grabbing of posts in certain orders through templating and to be honest it does get nasty and as louie says you'll have to go ****ing with the core. With this hopefully they'll keep it going and adding features.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
With wordpress I find I don't want to do anything too strange. If there is a plugin .. use it if not do I really need the feature cus you're going to have to support it for every upgrade you do (for the most part it'll be ok but it could get annoying .. upgrade your customer site for a security issue .. break the plugin you've made and have to go fix it)

Status
Not open for further replies.