Status
Not open for further replies.

larryusa

Hi guys

I just read over your comments on the boards,,i was looking for ripe ncc in holland and i googled ripe.ie

From their name and marketing stategy they will do ok,as their site looks cool, and user friendly,but i dont think corporate companies seeking a heavy weight web site will not be steered towards cost cutting web companies to save a few bucks.

so no need for panic and keep the chin up.

Larry

Redfly

Welcome to the boards Larry. I assume from reading your posts that you are affiliated with Ripe.ie (Seeing it's all you have talked about)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in to play your game too. 60% cheaper than you is still a nice tidy sum for reselling templates.

larryusa

chucks iv been found out by red fly

cool it red fly,,i am only making an observation on what i see.

keep your chin up,

bucks

Id be interested to know how much they charge when it comes to updating the sites ?

Now i dont work in web development/design but too me a template site stands out a mile from one designed especially for a client, id much rather pay a few quid extra to have a site that was 100% tailored to my needs.

I can see how they will make money though and lets face it, if they didnt start doing it then some 1st year web design student was bound to, the idea of having to pay only 595 to have a working website will tempt a lot of the smaller companies who have tight budgets and no knowledge of web developing, neverminding the fact that the sites probably lack web standards and seo.

Its a nice little earner though for a few hours work...but your website is the first port of call for many potential clients checking out your services/products so first impressions count!!

bucks

I always though business was about making money bucks,,maye your an
artisté

Of course business is about making money, i never said it wasnt, i actually said your business (im assuming its yours, apologise if not) will make money because too many people have never heard of the likes of seo, web standards, if ripe hadnt started it someone else would of because sadly there is a market for this type of product.

Good business sense to me would be hiring a developer who will get my site high rankings in search engines, the return on this would far outweigh the cost of designing a site in the long run!!

louie

Ripe.ie obviously start spamming webmaster Forums.
There ia a tread on Boards.ie that got banned straight away.
Bad way of trying to get more business your way.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Spamming forums is a wee bit dumb, especially when they get indexed by technorati (like this one does)

Status
Not open for further replies.