Status
Not open for further replies.

ziycon

Is there someway to find out how SEO efficent your site is?? Like out of 100% or something like that?

paul

Ninja
Well not to be smart, but how easy is it to find your site on google for your targeted keywords, if you are not there, then you are not SEO'd enough !

ziycon

Its down a few pages, dont know how good it is but i was looking at this site DublinNiTes.ie Dublin Ni Tes and the way it gives your site an SEO score!??

I've tried everything to have a good SEO site, i cant use mod_rewrite due to hosting problems but i've tried everything else.

Trojan

Couple of quick comments (in no way consider this exhaustive):

- Optimise your title tag with the relevant keywords, lose the tagline (sure use it for offline media, but it's not very effective taking up valuable SEO space on the web)

- Add H1 tags as above.

- Cut your meta keywords tag to about 1/10th the size (not vital but but good practice).

- Modify your meta desc tag to sell your site better, don't repeat your tagline

- This is bloat, lose it:
<td class="link" onmouseout="this.className='link'" onClick="parent.location='about.php'" height="20" style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;">
<font color="#666666"><b><a href="about.php">About</a></b></font></td>

- Table based layout sucks.

- Basics like using alt tags, etc.

Considering you're using database ids so frequently I'd give strong consideration to purchasing mod_rewrite enabled hosting.

ziycon

- This is bloat, lose it:
<td class="link" onmouseout="this.className='link'" onClick="parent.location='about.php'" height="20" style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;">
<font color="#666666"><b><a href="about.php">About</a></b></font></td>

- Table based layout sucks.

Considering you're using database ids so frequently I'd give strong consideration to purchasing mod_rewrite enabled hosting.

Thnkas for the help, i will be using all these things in version too of the site, im currently rewriting the whole site in div's and css(takes a bit of time what with college work and all).

- Don't understand what you mean by the JS on the links

- I know, i hate the tables myself at this stage

- Its not that the hosting wont support it, its just that i'm having problems withe the second url.

Thanks for your feedback!!

RedCardinal

Is there someway to find out how SEO efficent your site is?? Like out of 100% or something like that?
There really is no such thing as 100% efficiency. It would be more appropriate to look for 0% efficiency - i.e. no indexation, and then work from there.

glengara

AFAIK some of the SEO software programs are supposed to give you an "efficiency" score, a few offer free versions (WebCeo) and IIRC quite a few SEOs use them to give out free reports.

Some of the programs just seem to bundle a number of SEO tools that are available elsewhere for free though...

Status
Not open for further replies.