Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

defeated

I am getting a fair bit of spam from 194.8.75.52 through an onpage form. The form collects the IP address just before posting to email.

The thing is that I blocked all IP addresses from Dragonara.net (which the above IP address is from) using IP deny manager (.htaccess)

How is it possible for this to be happening?

MOH

I am getting a fair bit of spam from 194.8.75.52 through an onpage form. The form collects the IP address just before posting to email.

The thing is that I blocked all IP addresses from Dragonara.net (which the above IP address is from) using IP deny manager (.htaccess)

How is it possible for this to be happening?

Have you checked your access logs to confirm it's definitely that IP address?

defeated

Ah, Found my access logs, checked for the IP and no... it is not listed. I take it that means that somebody is taking the effort to spoof the IP address?

How do I get around that?

MOH

I guess if you make a note of the times the form processed the spam and compare that against your logs, you might be able to work out what the actual IP is and block that in htaccess

(also, if that IP is being spoofed and isn't the one responsible, you might want to edit your OP and remove it)

defeated

(also, if that IP is being spoofed and isn't the one responsible, you might want to edit your OP and remove it)

Nah.... Never liked the British Virgin Islands anyway! Also, I remember Dragonara.net coming up as a problem source before on a few occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.