Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that what I seen from reading about all over the place which made me angry as I am a big fan of forums and the freedom of expression.

The thing is knowing where freedom of expression stops and defamation begins... a lot of less mature forum users wouldn't know where to draw the line

Gavin

That is very true and I have seen some crazy posts over the years that could have lead to major legal problems.

Cormac

I only ask because Boards webmaster seems to be dying completely. Any decent threads (read controversial) just end up getting deleted. As for creativeireland, well lets just say designer/flash bias isn't my thing.

Bye bye 'someone from ireland is hi-jacking my server' by Aoife-104fm

The guy who started that thread is a member on here so maybe if we're lucky he can repost about it here and Michele can get sued. Horrah for free speech and free entertainment!

RedCardinal

One was due to someone referring to a company director in a libellous / slanderous manner ( I always get the two confused and am too tired to check)

If memory serves me correctly, then libel is written word, slander is spoken word.

I was involved in the dole.ie/irishdev.com thread over on boards.ie. It was an interesting thread which got kinda funny when Damien Mulley took offence to someone from irishdev.com using his name as a proper verb :)

And IMO irishdev.ie did not paint themselves in glory whatsoever.

Irishdev were allegedly scrapping the RSS feed from dole.ie at such a rate that dole.ie's server collapsed a couple of times (from the looks of things they were pulling the feed every time someone requested the irishdev feed). Not only were they allegedly scrapping but they were allegedly removing all credits also. Dole asked them to desist and irishdev said OK we'll just grab it ever 3 hours :rolleyes:. Kinda funny but not nice all the same.

Then thread was deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.