What do you use under your laptop when using it on your lap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

googlebomber76

Guys just wondering what you use to put under your laptop when using it on your lap, my laptop seems to get very hot and starts cooking my nuts, just wondering if you've any tips of what I could put under it, a cushion dosen't do the job....

Been searching the net for a while and I can't find anything.....

all ideas welcome..

thanks
GB

louie

It shouldn't get hotter than usual as beside air vents below it also has it on the side (mine does).

The only reason you notice it is because you are in direct contact with the laptop.

I've had the same question myself and I kept using a book but the result were the same.

googlebomber76

Mines got vents on the side as well, but the processor is in the middle bottom and it gets really hot, nothing seems to do the job....(Vista cooking my laptop)

I can't find anything to do the job, even if I put the laptop down as far as my feet I can still feel it coming up through my legs.....

louie

Now I just realise - That's why girls are getting steamy when using the laptop on the sofa.....

Drang3d

Lads I had the same problem for years and I found a cheap solution! I bought one of those dinner tv trays. The ones with a wood table on top and cushion on the bottom. It works perfect as when the laptop is on the tray it has the clearance it needs for the underneath fans to work. I actually have to give my gf the credit, she was afraid I was going to **** up my sperm count with the laptop on my nuts all the time!

3rigena

You need to get a "Laptop balls protector" - for men only - lol :)

hmmm laptoptballsprotector.com
to buy or not to buy

it could be an amzon store. books to protect ur baws with.

srlsy, my dell inspiron 6400 gets quite hot but i somehow endure it on my lap for 12hrs a day sometimes.. rather have warm nuts than sit at a desk all day:)

The Walsho

hmmm laptoptballsprotector.com
to buy or not to buy

I think that's a no-brainer! Buy it immediately!
I have this problem too, I usually throw an a4 pad under it for a while, but after a few hours that starts heating up too, and have to rotate pads every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.