Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron

Haha,

You almost thought it was spam. Here's a question neither I, nor Eircom support can figure out, which is really odd.

Eircom reported that they were having problems with BB in my area, no websites worked, RTE.ie, Google, WhoIS, iedr... and here I am on IWF, no problems at all?

It seems really odd. Whats the magic with IWF that I haven't discovered?

Regards
Byron

php.allstar

that would be a DNS issue...

^ thats IT speak for that would be an ecumenical matter!

louie

I have similar problems - just rang support on blacknight making sure all websites are running fine as I can not see them and if they load, it takes ages....

My main thing seems to be Google...

Byron

Ah,

Fair enough, I was just convienced it was Chrome b*tching until FF and IE told me the same!

Why would they have such an issue anyone know for future reference?

They just oddly decided to blacklist half the internet?

Regards
Byron

Byron

Seems to be okay again...

Ah god bless em, messing up things like that, which stop me from doing work!

Byron

... or it could just be their line contention rates and the amount of people who discovered u and bit torrent over the last month ...

... It would actually be worth paying a small tax on web services to an international body who pursued hackers, and chopped off their squirmy little hands. :D

php.allstar

...or it could be the electronic frontier foundation or the likes taking revenge on Eircom for giving the traffic logs to IRMA!

Byron

Haha on that subject I might make them aware of the fact IRMA now has those details and see what happens. Mind you I do support Irish and British Artists anyway

php.allstar

It would take a serious amount of firepower to knock out eircoms DNS ?

Well my friend, thats where Trojans, Zombies and Botnets come in.

Who hasn't been infected with a trojan? For all we know we could have all been particpants in the attack, totally unknown to ourselves!

quoteclub

Well my friend, thats where Trojans, Zombies and Botnets come in.

Who hasn't been infected with a trojan? For all we know we could have all been particpants in the attack, totally unknown to ourselves!

Yup, know all about them, but one that is attacking eircom? It must have been written in Ireland?

Byron

Dunno about that, but it is possible.

More likely it just targeted everyones DNS who has a Netopia modem, which most Eircom customers do, and eircom never patches anyyyyyything

neweb

Just put in the openDNS Settings and the net seems to be quicker.

I'm looking at switching to BT Ireland soon. They have 24MB in my area. Cost is less then eircom 7mb and line rental.

Byron

Hmm,
I better actually "review" my ISP. Open DNS works a charm, nearly all of my friends were on it when I decided to tell them...

... I felt so behind the possy!

Status
Not open for further replies.